• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Coast Guard (aka hooligan navy, puddle pirates, Uncle Sam's Cheap Guys, Uncle Sam's Confused Group....etc.) is military and "carries a green ID card...peace time and war time. In wartime, they chop to DoD vice Homeland inSecurity. Before HS, they were in DoT (Transportation) and before that Treasury. Wartime chop still applied then. Before CG being under Treasury, Bart was the leading seaman in the deckforce under John Paul Jones...

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't think there should be a problem. According to US Code Title 50.....

"Legal Residency," or "domicile", on the other hand refers to the place where a military member intends to return to and live after discharge or retirement, and which they consider their "permanent home." Legal residency determines what local (state) tax laws a military member is subject to, and in which local (city, county, state) elections they may vote in.

Because military members may have "legal residence" in one state, but be stationed in a different state, the Service Members Civil Relief Act, allows military members to pay taxes, register vehicles, vote, etc., in their "state of legal residence," rather than the state they are stationed in. This can sometimes result in a tax advantage because several states exempt military pay from state taxes.

Since my legal residence is MD I can purchase guns in MD regardless of the fact that my mil orders are in CT. A fellow cadet from SC purchased an AK-47 over Thanksgiving break.
    You are correct young man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom