• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In DC your gun has to be registered to be in possession or you’re traveling to and from the range. Parked near the Capital would indicate a tourist with a non registered firearm in the district and obviously not going to/from the range directly

Article doesn’t indicate charges but I’d bet my next paycheck on the Misd charge of Unregistered Firearm

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    In DC your gun has to be registered to be in possession or you’re traveling to and from the range. Parked near the Capital would indicate a tourist with a non registered firearm in the district and obviously not going to/from the range directly

Article doesn’t indicate charges but I’d bet my next paycheck on the Misd charge of Unregistered Firearm

channel 4 last night, charged with Unregistered firearm

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep. You have no FOPA protection if DC is your destination and you stop.

DC law applies.

Helps to know the law before you travel.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Please be patient.

The Republican Trifecta Machine is working towards securing more of our second amendment rights.

But first they need to deal with national reciprocity, national concealed carry, open carry in national parks, and tax stamp free sound suppressors.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Yep. You have no FOPA protection if DC is your destination and you stop.

DC law applies.

Helps to know the law before you travel.

DC was forced to issue CCW's, therefore if (lets just talk DC resident) CCW holder departs his house in a vehicle and ends up at a gun free zone, is it illegal for him to secure his weapon in his vehicle, while doing whatever in gun free zone?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Please be patient.

The Republican Trifecta Machine is working towards securing more of our second amendment rights.

But first they need to deal with national reciprocity, national concealed carry, open carry in national parks, and tax stamp free sound suppressors.

Haha. Trump should at least issue an executive order telling Federal agents (US Capitol Police in this case) to not enforce ******** unconstitutional anti-2A local ordinances. It’s one thing for MPD to have to carry water for the commies on the DC Council, it’s another for Feds to help them out.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Unfortunately the public streets are governed by DC law. The Feds have little say in that.

According to the article the Feds made the arrest (US Capitol Police).

This is pretty common actually, as I understand it in DC, where uniformed Federal LEOs will enforce local DC ordinances as well. Not sure of the exact legal specifics of how it works, but when you think of it, even with home rule, the DC Code is Federal law simply constrained to the District.

The various Federal agencies could simply be ordered to stop enforcing DC law. Let MPD deal with the Council’s anti-2A laws.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Agreed. And of course if Congress had any intellectual honesty at all (they don’t) they could completely invalidate DC’s unconstitutional firearms laws entirely .

Some in DC and the Congress need to go back and reread Article I Sec 8 of COTUS, especially Eleanor Holmes Norton.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Agreed. And of course if Congress had any intellectual honesty at all (they don’t) they could completely invalidate DC’s unconstitutional firearms laws entirely .

Some in DC and the Congress need to go back and reread Article I Sec 8 of COTUS, especially Eleanor Holmes Norton.

Isn’t it Rubio that introduces a bill every session that basically does that? It never goes anywhere though.

DC’s laws could be a lot worse for residents, a la NJ, NYC, or DC prior to the Heller cases and Wrenn. But I find them particularly incidious in how they affect citizens visiting the seat of their national government. Should he have known better? Yes. But, imagine just wanting to visit DC and leaving a felon for doing nothing unsafe and something you do legally at home every day. That is un-American.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep every year and every year the cowards oN The Hill fail in their oaths to support and defend the COTUS

Very sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom