• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I have to agree. I am not that knowledgeable about firearms in general. I often have questions, and want recommendations. I have been very happy going to Gun Connection, and will keep doing business with them.

Same here.

Their customer service is great. Maybe a little too great. So far this week, I bought two firearms from Gun Connection. I should probably stay away.:D

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I've had nothing but good dealings with Gus.

I don't know him super well but I don't think he'd mind me saying that I think he takes an enormous load of crap from people particularly in the pawning area of his business. I've been in his shop looking around and have heard first hand the most unbelieveably rude and uncalled-for things said to him.

I can't say for sure, obviously, but maybe he had an off day or dealt with one of "those" customers before talking to you.

In another life I used to work behind a counter where I dealt with the public. One customer could literally ruin your whole day.

I'd give him at least another chance.
    Just my $.02

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I've had nothing but good dealings with Gus.

I don't know him super well but I don't think he'd mind me saying that I think he takes an enormous load of crap from people particularly in the pawning area of his business. I've been in his shop looking around and have heard first hand the most unbelieveably rude and uncalled-for things said to him.

I can't say for sure, obviously, but maybe he had an off day or dealt with one of "those" customers before talking to you.

In another life I used to work behind a counter where I dealt with the public. One customer could literally ruin your whole day.

I'd give him at least another chance.
    Just my $.02

I've never been, so I can't comment. However, I will give any shop a second chance. No thirds.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Is water wet or cold?

Sorry but you've lost me... :shrug:

Now that I think about it could you mean that water is neither wet nor cold and wetness and coldness is simply in our perception?
    That being the same with rudeness?

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Sorry but you've lost me... :shrug:

Now that I think about it could you mean that water is neither wet nor cold and wetness and coldness is simply in our perception?
    That being the same with rudeness?

I meant if water isnt frozen its wet, if its cold enough its frozen. It has to be one or the other at a minimum.

Select Fire is rude and they will always be that way, no matter how much time passes or how much they claim they have changed.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I meant if water isnt frozen its wet, if its cold enough its frozen. It has to be one or the other at a minimum.

Select Fire is rude and they will always be that way, no matter how much time passes or how much they claim they have changed.

Thanks for clarifying. I over-thought your post I guess.
    I tend to over think. It's one of my biggest character flaws. :lol2:

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.

You Sir, are wrong. It is becuase their insurance makes them do that!!! He said so.:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I used to frequent Select Fire often in the mid to late 90's. I didn't really have any issues and the range was controlled and safe. Wayne and his son were fine, not uber friendly but I didn't go there for hugs and kisses.
    I don't know maybe it's me...

Feb 6, 2012
    Haven't been to many gunshops, but I hope to find one where I can be a regular. I'm PG County so there aren't many around here, but does anyone know of one that does have good customer service? Or just guys that are fun to talk to, I'm not opposed to walking into a store browsing and then end up chatting gun laws and crap with the shop keep.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I haven't bought from Accurate Pawn & Tackle, but I have met Gus a few times at Chantilly, and he seemed to be a decent guy.

MH

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Never had a problem with Accurate Pawn and Tackle. I have always been able to get good service from them and amazing prices.

I know what I want or have a general idea of what I want going in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom