• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    It's too bad there isn't a dimensional rule for HBAR. That barrel looks plenty fat to me. Maybe WOA would stamp it for you?

I'd probably just go for it. White Oak makes great stuff.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    "HBAR" was a registered Colt trademark. Proof once again that the legislature is beyond stupid when it comes to firearms! I seriously doubt it would be challenged as non compliant.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    "HBAR" was a registered Colt trademark. Proof once again that the legislature is beyond stupid when it comes to firearms! I seriously doubt it would be challenged as non compliant.

The people in charge are stupid. I would advise citizens to avoid being stupid. "I read on the interwebz that it should be ok" isn't a good argument in court.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'd consider a stamp set or paying WOA a few bucks to add the HBAR lettering. It's not a skinny barrel by any stretch. Or just buy it and don't worry. It's not like cops are actually interested in these details. And it really is an HBAR, whether it's called that or not.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Check with Engage . Periodically they get batches of White Oak blanks , and turn and mark them in Maryland suitable ways .

Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    OR you can ask the Manufacturer to provide something in writing that the barrel is HBAR & keep the paperwork with you. I know it sounds stupid but it couldnt hurt.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    OR you can ask the Manufacturer to provide something in writing that the barrel is HBAR & keep the paperwork with you. I know it sounds stupid but it couldnt hurt.

I'm paranoid because barrels aren't serialized or have manufacturer markings with barrel series (or anything) to correspond that barrel to the manufacturer. Most barrels, HBAR or not, have very generic markings that could be up for debate if they decide to give you a hard time.

I found a company that does a real HBAR roll mark (when requested) on barrels and I don't even need a minimum order. They aren't the fastest company but the barrels I received look great.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 288

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Here is something interesting. This is right off the Columbia River Arms page.
    Formerly Blackhole Weaponry.

That's odd. Because I received an email from that same Sgt saying that profile or dimensions have no bearing on what constitutes a heavy barrel. It was all dependent on the marking of the barrel or the description by the manufacturer.

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    H-BAR

JSE has an H-BAR 16" WYLDE chamber mid length 1-9 for under $100. I used one in a recent build with Aero upp & low and chrome plated bolt.

I could only test it at 50yds but it shot a ragged hole with LC 15 55gr ball.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    That's odd. Because I received an email from that same Sgt saying that profile or dimensions have no bearing on what constitutes a heavy barrel. It was all dependent on the marking of the barrel or the description by the manufacturer.

And there you have it. The manufacturer (Columbia River) isn't using profile or dimensions to define what an HBAR / heavy barrel is. I only find it odd that M4 is left out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom