• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    A friend of mine loves this place. He took me once and I was happy with my food. I would recommend checking it out.

This....Beers and Cheers...not only is the cheesesteak great but they are consistently great. Taste and amount of meat/cheese/peppers is always the same. Really good sandwich here folks.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I like the cheesesteaks at Woodfield Diner in Gaithersburg. My friend and I like to go there when we can, but they close at 3 so it doesn't always work with our schedules.

I also like the cheesesteaks at Ledo Pizza. Whenever I go there I normally end up getting other things, but my wife works at one and brings them home for me sometimes.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Since I was off work last Saturday, my lady and I made a cheese steak run up to Jim's on South street. Came back with a dozen steaks for my family and 2 quarts from Fred's Water Ice in the cooler! Fred's will make you forget Rita's. Next trip up, we'll pick some cheese steaks up from Max's and roast pork from Tony Luke's.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    You guys are killing me. Grew up just outside of Philly in the '70s and '80s...Saturday night drag racing on Front Street...Rolling Stones at JFK...Flyers at the Spectrum...wife's engagement ring from Jeweler's Row...eating my way through RTM...hanging out at Penn's Landing...running the Art Museum steps...and devouring good cheesesteaks all over the place...Pat's, Geno's, Jim's and many others. Have found nothing even close around here...wish I could. Road trip! "One whiz with"

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    You guys are killing me. Grew up just outside of Philly...drag racing on Front Street...Rolling Stones at JFK...wife's engagement ring from Jeweler's Row...and good cheesesteaks all over the place...Pat's, Geno's, Jim's and dozens of others out in the 'burbs. Have found nothing even close around here...wish I could. Road trip!

I have acquaintances that live in Montgomery County who moved from Delaware years ago. They would agree with you. Although we aren't Philly, anytime we visited it was a requirement to bring cheese steaks from a local sandwich shop.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Cheesesteak Mikes at New Hampshire and 495 used to be great. Haven't been in a while. They had amazing fries as well but they used to not accept credit card.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Cheesesteak Mikes at New Hampshire and 495 used to be great. Haven't been in a while. They had amazing fries as well but they used to not accept credit card.
    I believe ownership changed 10 or so years ago. As I recall, wasn't as good after the change. My old man and I used to frequent when he lived up the street.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I have acquaintances that live in Montgomery County who moved from Delaware years ago. They would agree with you. Although we aren't Philly, anytime we visited it was a requirement to bring cheese steaks from a local sandwich shop.
    Capriotti's in Lewes, DE has really good cheesesteaks but I would do you a disservice if I failed to advise you to try the italian sub. Best I've ever had and is best 2 days later.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    You guys are killing me. Grew up just outside of Philly in the '70s and '80s...Saturday night drag racing on Front Street...Rolling Stones at JFK...Flyers at the Spectrum...wife's engagement ring from Jeweler's Row...eating my way through RTM...hanging out at Penn's Landing...running the Art Museum steps...and devouring good cheesesteaks all over the place...Pat's, Geno's, Jim's and many others. Have found nothing even close around here...wish I could. Road trip! "One whiz with"

Gotta agree with this. Beers and Cheers in Germantown is ok for down here, though it's not Philly. Meat quality is wonderful, but it needs more cheese, and to be moistened up a bit. Lack of a pepper bar, while no surprise outside of PA, is a minus. I need to remember to order extra cheese.

Love to walk each aisle of Reading Terminal Market every time I'm up there. You have to roll me out the door after a visit. Termini's cannoli, ice cream from Basset's, yummy.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    So reading through this, I decided to head over to Mike and Sons for lunch. I used to be a regular there 20 years ago. I still remember the smells, sounds and taste. that place was awesome! Fast forward to today....Ill never go back. Not even close to what it once was. Very disappointed!

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    So reading through this, I decided to head over to Mike and Sons for lunch. I used to be a regular there 20 years ago. I still remember the smells, sounds and taste. that place was awesome! Fast forward to today....Ill never go back. Not even close to what it once was. Very disappointed!

This was a staple of growing up for me and when Jay sold the shop it never recovered. It broke my heart to have to remember what toppings went on my sub as it had not changed in the last 15 years.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Not sure how long its been around. I remember it though, worked on Parklawn Dr. over a decade, and that was one of our regulars.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Capriotti's in Lewes, DE has really good cheesesteaks but I would do you a disservice if I failed to advise you to try the italian sub. Best I've ever had and is best 2 days later.

Have not been to the one in Lewes but have enjoyed their steaks from the Newark and Hockessin locations.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Have not been to the one in Lewes but have enjoyed their steaks from the Newark and Hockessin locations.

We had some solid cheese steaks from the one in Annapolis two weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom