• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    On Old Lines Facebook page:

Just got an email from Commissioner Billy Shreve via HuntFrederickCounty.com.
    I thought I'd share it with you...
    Did you know there may be a new shooting range coming to Frederick?
    If you support shooting ranges, you need to act now.
    If you support this shooting range you need to:
    1) Attend the hearing and voice your support, - or –
    2) Send an email supporting this Shooting Range
    Send the email to Larry Smith, Frederick County Zoning Administrator: LSmith1@FrederickCountyMD.gov
    Subject line of email should include: Old Line Arsenal, LLC, (B-14-23)
    State a few reasons why you support it,
    Include: The minimum lot size required for a shooting range in Frederick County is 10 acres, this site is 262 acres and far exceeds the minimum requirement.
    The proposal is for the construction and operation a firearms training facility and range on Thurston Road in southern Frederick County. Two outdoor and one indoor shooting ranges are to be constructed. The plan also includes a provision for the construction of a building that will house classrooms along with an underground pistol range. The two outdoor ranges will consist of one range for long guns and one for handguns.
    To build this shooting range, the applicant must get a Special Exception granted by the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA). The hearing is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in the First Floor Hearing Room, Winchester Hall, 12 East Church Street, Frederick, Maryland. The Case is the Old Line Arsenal, LLC, (B-14-23).
    Currently, shooting ranges can be permitted with a special use exception under certain and specific criteria. The first is the lot size for a shooting range must be a minimum of 10 acres. This lot is over 262 acres.
    The use of this property to establish a shooting range on the Resource Conservation zoned property can only be reviewed by the Board of Appeals (BZA) and not by the BOCC(Board of County Commissioners), Planning Commission or others. Any appeal of the BZA decision goes directly to District Court and is not considered by the BOCC or any others.
    The County Commissioners have no role in either the application to approve the requested use of the property and no role in any request to review and approve a site plan application.
    The Board of Zoning Appeals hearing is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in the First Floor Hearing Room, Winchester Hall, 12 East Church Street, Frederick, Maryland.
    My suggestion is to review the approval criteria and share you support or concerns based on those requirements. It may be reviewed by clicking this link
    http://www.frederickcountymd.gov/do...ShootingRange_July2014_201407101041575242.pdf
    If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I Chaired the BZA for a few years and am familiar with the approval process. The criteria are based on the Annotated Code of Maryland, Land Use Article and are used throughout the State.
    For questions regarding this application please use my County email Billy@FrederickCountyMD.gov.
    To Contact me regarding Real Estate or my Campaign for County Council at Large use bjshreve1@msn.com, 301-639-4763 or, www.BelieveInShreve.com
    -billy

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    FOund it

Attachments

• 1890328_507518829351911_5675304163316032868_o.jpg
      1890328_507518829351911_5675304163316032868_o.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 241

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Essentially Blaine is saying: "I'm going to listen to these people that are making emotional arguments, because I can win their votes. If a business has to suffer, then they were going to be collateral damage anyway."

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Essentially Blaine is saying: "I'm going to listen to these people that are making emotional arguments, because I can win their votes. If a business has to suffer, then they were going to be collateral damage anyway."

If it were a development that letter would never have been issued.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I am not worried about a miss placed shot. The drinking water HAS BEEN the issue at Detrick. They have had signs on water fountains indicating if the water is safe to drink.

Uh, no kidding. You see the same thing at APG and Edgewood. Better to live on the other side of I-95...

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Agreed...I have a match Saturday...but maybe Sunday afternoon I might swing by. I don't have facebook, thanks.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Leo's who aren't with their agency for organized training will not be able to use the range.
    FBI built the range for Frederick City pd, we use it often. Great set up with classrooms, SIMS house and SIMS storefront. I don't see them building another venue.

Agreed...

Montgomery County's Academy serves the Fed LEO's as well and have a tower. I do not see the benefit of putting one up 25 miles north in Frederick County, nor the reality.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    The open house was a great experience with some real people....Give it a chance.

They have some great plans for everything outdoors...not just shooting.

I hope the local community will listen to their overall master plan and not just the shooting
    venue part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom