• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Bass Pro owner has met with parents of children of the Sandy Hook shooting to discuss not carrying modern sporting rifles. Outcome not known at this time. I am running out of places to get last minute items grrrrr

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Just spent over $500 at a local sports shop for my son and daughters baseball and softball gear. Proud to support local businesses, instead of corporations who take a political stance I don’t agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Just spent over $500 at a local sports shop for my son and daughters baseball and softball gear. Proud to support local businesses, instead of corporations who take a political stance I don’t agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I actually went to DSG the saturday before this news came out and passed on buying a bicycle. Glad I went to the local bike shop later that day and dropped about 6 bills. I probably would have ended up returning the bike to DSG 2 days later had I bought one...

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Always carried 10 dollar survey coupon from dsg in my wallet for ammo purchases, don't need them anymore.

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    dicks is going to get sued over this on discrimination. i see a class action lawsuit coming. trust me people the courts are going to overturn that. you cant discriminate over someone's age. dicks cant make up their own rules on what age to buy shotguns and rifles. in most states the age is 18 to buy a shotgun or rifle and they legally have to complete the transfer is you pass through all the background checks.. that's the law. its like walking into a bar and the bartender says "you have to be 25 to drink at this bar" when the legal drinking age is 21. dicks better hire some good lawyers. there is already one lawsuit that was filed that i know of that is in Oregon.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    wrong, age is federally protected by the civil rights act of 1964

Actually no. It is prohibited in employment matters only by the Age Discrimination and Employment Act of 1967, and only workers 40 and up are covered. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not address age. It addressed race, color, sex, creed, and national origin.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    wrong, age is federally protected by the civil rights act of 1964

The mandatory equal opportunity class I had to take states that you can only file for age discrimination if you are over 40 (or 45, don’t remember exactly). They made a specific point that people have a misconception that age discrimination against young people is a fed crime... it is not per the class. Not tryouts no to argue with you, just passing what I was taught last year.

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    I believe that the age discrimination laws at the federal level have entirely to do with employment ( hiring/firing/promotions), not refusing to sell goods. Might wrong about that though.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Dicks has always been an awful place to buy guns in MD. I tried to buy a shotgun there twice. Both times they said my background check was delayed. They refused to sell me the gun because they never got a reply. Went to Duffys, got a better shotgun out the door in maybe 30 minutes. Support your local gun stores. They actually care about you.

+1. Hopefully this will be a boost to LGS’s and when Dick’s goes under, which it will, another lesson for corporate virtue-signalers and PC weaklings.

Duffy’s is a great shop and a beautiful drive as well.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I believe that the age discrimination laws at the federal level have entirely to do with employment ( hiring/firing/promotions), not refusing to sell goods. Might wrong about that though.

No, it also applies to harassment and hostile work environment.

Sirex