• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Makes you wonder how much longer it would have gone on if Harford County Deputies weren't evidently going into Baltimore City a lot more to get the people who are wrecking havoc in Harford?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Makes you wonder how much longer it would have gone on if Harford County Deputies weren't evidently going into Baltimore City a lot more to get the people who are wrecking havoc in Harford?

It would seem they had everything figured out except an outside agency snooping around.

Hazzard County rulz!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    And yet people still blindly respect the police. Smh

I would hope that folks respect the police. It's not like there are only a few good officers and the rest are bad. Sure, they're not angels but anyone who is willing to run towards trouble when everyone else is running away from it, they're okay in my book.

Did those police and firefighters lose your respect on 9/11? Ever hear of someone being pulled from a burning car by a police officer? Did you lose respect for them?

It's not fair to hold them all to the least common denominator, just as it's not responsible to put all of them on a pedestal. I've known my share of police officers. Most were good people. Some were scum of the earth. The 2 that were less than honorable, well they ate a bullet to end their lives.

I had no remorse for either of those deaths. But I do cry a little inside when I hear of an officer paying the ultimate price while on duty.

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to. Their profession not withstanding.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would hope that folks respect the police. It's not like there are only a few good officers and the rest are bad. Sure, they're not angels but anyone who is willing to run towards trouble when everyone else is running away from it, they're okay in my book.

Did those police and firefighters lose your respect on 9/11? Ever hear of someone being pulled from a burning car by a police officer? Did you lose respect for them?

It's not fair to hold them all to the least common denominator, just as it's not responsible to put all of them on a pedestal. I've known my share of police officers. Most were good people. Some were scum of the earth. The 2 that were less than honorable, well they ate a bullet to end their lives.

I had no remorse for either of those deaths. But I do cry a little inside when I hear of an officer paying the ultimate price while on duty.

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to. Their profession not withstanding.

Agreed , and good points
    :thumbsup:

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would hardly call these Baltimore clowns, Vicki and Sam weaver, Lon hourichi, Justine Damond, Daniel Shaver, et al, instances of a few bad apples. More like a pattern.

These same people that have no duty to protect you wouldn't hesitate to disarm and arrest you, your wife/daughter/etc if you have a firearm without a permission slip from .gov. I guess respect means different things to different people.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would hardly call these Baltimore clowns, Vicki and Sam weaver, Lon hourichi, Justine Damond, Daniel Shaver, et al, instances of a few bad apples. More like a pattern.

These same people that have no duty to protect you wouldn't hesitate to disarm and arrest you, your wife/daughter/etc if you have a firearm without a permission slip from .gov. I guess respect means different things to different people.

Considering the number of law enforcement officers in the country, yes its a few bad apples.
    Using your logic, the small number of people who use firearms for nefarious purposes represent all gun owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Eh, the Baltimore City Police Department is very large employee wise, shouldn't be an excuse but watching the news what the general public can see, Baltimore City Police keep having a lot of issues that other "big" Police departments don't have. Wonder how many people get demoted/fired/etc. that the average commoner never gets to know about?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Out of the BILLIONS of interactions with the public, there's going to be some that you want to shake your head and wonder why. But out of those BILLIONS of interactions, you'll find a vast majority of those police folks are good people.

But it would appear that you've already made up your mind, so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom