Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:10 PM #31
Hattie Hattie is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 157
Hattie Hattie is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
MSP - Jan 15 application. Question 23. Applicant ion failed to provided any documentation of threats. Lack of G&S.
MSP's insistence on "third party" evidence of threats is arbitrary and capricious. The W&C application is under oath/penalty of perjury. The sworn statement of the applicant IS evidence, in and of itself.
Hattie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:20 PM #32
CaptPrice's Avatar
CaptPrice CaptPrice is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 14
CaptPrice CaptPrice is offline
Junior Member
CaptPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
MSP - Appears to be a new trooper up. APPL can't applying on being a firefighter. Applicant did not provide any document on that he has been threatened or targeted. Not enough for G&S. Did not do informal review.

Board member asked is he was allowed to be armed during work. I think he said he has been threatened, but did not file complaint.

Board booting - I predict a loss. And I'm correct. I guess being a firefighter is not an assumed risk position. Just think about that statement for awhile. A person who goes into a burning building does not have an assumed risk job. Different situation, but kind of funny.
Man this pisses me off... I was going to apply under similar parameters (Iím a FF/EMT also). I have been threatened by patients several times and I live close to where I work. Our patients are protected by HIPPA, we canít give out information about them
CaptPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 10:28 PM #33
adit's Avatar
adit adit is offline
ReMember
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DE
Posts: 8,236
adit adit is offline
ReMember
adit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DE
Posts: 8,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPrice View Post
Man this pisses me off... I was going to apply under similar parameters (Iím a FF/EMT also). I have been threatened by patients several times and I live close to where I work. Our patients are protected by HIPPA, we canít give out information about them
Get/keep witness statements from your peers, and work the HIPPA angle into your application.

All FF/EMT's should be doing this (witness statements).

If you guys have a union, approach them with creating an incident form. They can keep them on file for any future needs. They don't necessarily need to know your purpose would be for a permit to carry.
adit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 11:37 PM #34
Abacab's Avatar
Abacab Abacab is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to Abacab
Abacab Abacab is online now
Member
Abacab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to Abacab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
MSP - Appears to be a new trooper up. APPL can't applying on being a firefighter. Applicant did not provide any document on that he has been threatened or targeted. Not enough for G&S. Did not do informal review.

Board member asked is he was allowed to be armed during work. I think he said he has been threatened, but did not file complaint.

Board booting - I predict a loss. And I'm correct. I guess being a firefighter is not an assumed risk position. Just think about that statement for awhile. A person who goes into a burning building does not have an assumed risk job. Different situation, but kind of funny.
Is not doing an informal review frowned upon by this new board? I skipped it because as far as I know, almost no one has ever changed the decision using it.
__________________
Leigh: I've never had much faith in anyone coming to my rescue.
Wilson: Maybe you've been associating with the wrong kind of people.
Leigh: I've worked with police officers for five years.

-Assault On Precinct 13 (1976)
Abacab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 01:32 AM #35
Not_an_outlaw Not_an_outlaw is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Prince Frederick, MD
Posts: 4,222
Not_an_outlaw Not_an_outlaw is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Prince Frederick, MD
Posts: 4,222
Actually, an informal reviewed worked for me. Lausock said a gave them misleading information, when they asked about my clearance. They said they call my employers and said the level I stayed was not the one that I had. I specifically did not tell them because I don't believe they have a need to know. Once that was cleared up, I got a restricted permit based on my business, not my DoD employment. I worked with Pickle. Great guy.
Not_an_outlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 09:34 AM #36
GTOGUNNER's Avatar
GTOGUNNER GTOGUNNER is offline
IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carroll County!
Posts: 4,228
GTOGUNNER GTOGUNNER is offline
IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
GTOGUNNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carroll County!
Posts: 4,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
Actually, an informal reviewed worked for me. Lausock said a gave them misleading information, when they asked about my clearance. They said they call my employers and said the level I stayed was not the one that I had. I specifically did not tell them because I don't believe they have a need to know. Once that was cleared up, I got a restricted permit based on my business, not my DoD employment. I worked with Pickle. Great guy.
It's good you relished working with Pickle.
__________________
ďAll I can tell you is, Mr. Beretta said ĎThere always seems to be a problem with Maryland'. Ē

South vs. Maryland and Warren v. District of Columbia
GTOGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 09:55 AM #37
Kharn Kharn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 2,703
Kharn Kharn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 2,703
What's the dill with Pickle?
Kharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:55 AM #38
kenpo333's Avatar
kenpo333 kenpo333 is offline

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salisbury Maryland
Posts: 2,802
kenpo333 kenpo333 is offline

kenpo333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salisbury Maryland
Posts: 2,802
I understand that Del. Wayne Hartman is drafting a bill to add fireman, EMT, and several other occupations to the assumed risk section for w & C. Hope it works
__________________
Maryland State Police Qualified Handgun Inst.
NRA certified Training Counselor and Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun,Muzzle loading pistol,rifle,shotgun Personal Protection Inside & Outside the Home,Home Firearm Safety,Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA CCW Instructor
Refuse to be a Victim Instr
NRA Life Benifactor/MSI/SAF
Maryland wear & carry permit & HQLInst / USCCA CCW Instructor
Approved to teach Fl,AZ.VA.DE Utah & DC CCW
Self defense instructor
Glock Armorer
IDPA Safety Officer
kenpo333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:41 AM #39
on_the_rox's Avatar
on_the_rox on_the_rox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Street, MD
Posts: 1,298
on_the_rox on_the_rox is offline
Senior Member
on_the_rox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Street, MD
Posts: 1,298
Hot dog, that's sweet that pickle was able to help you out.
on_the_rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:48 AM #40
PJDiesel's Avatar
PJDiesel PJDiesel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 16,776
PJDiesel PJDiesel is offline
Senior Member
PJDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 16,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
What's the dill with Pickle?
Apparently he's cool as a cucumber.
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service