Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2018, 09:08 PM #631
K3LAG's Avatar
K3LAG K3LAG is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Arbutus or Relay take your pick
Posts: 172
Images: 9
K3LAG K3LAG is offline
Member
K3LAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Arbutus or Relay take your pick
Posts: 172
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by babalou View Post
did the exact same today at the Germantown Post Office.
Same in Halethorpe as well.

I gave copies and addressed envelopes to 6 other gun owners to send in.
K3LAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 09:17 PM #632
inkd's Avatar
inkd inkd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridge
Posts: 5,434
inkd inkd is offline
Senior Member
inkd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ridge
Posts: 5,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
Actually the very two .gov email addresses in Babalou's post above yours.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Figures it would be on the same page. I didn't want to sift through the entire thread to find it.

Thanks for the help, I just sent my email out and got the automated reply.

inkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 09:25 PM #633
babalou's Avatar
babalou babalou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monkey County
Posts: 5,092
babalou babalou is offline
Senior Member
babalou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monkey County
Posts: 5,092
well trying to understand what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
What proof will you have that BATFE received your email?

Just like simply mailing your letter, no proof.
other than the reply email and timestamp thereof? The header information, if need be. Meez gotz that, as well to add. Will show the origin/time of the reply, what smtp hops, as well as the from email address. Not hard to set q=mx on nslookups. To me, the same or more as the receipt from the recipient of the letter I also sent. At least I have a person in the email reply who acknowledged and pointed me to the website with reference to the MD bs. The letter with return receipt will not show that, only that they received it. Like others stated, I could have sent a box of chocolates. Why else would I correspond to the BATFE? Not really on my Christmas card list.

Last edited by babalou; September 17th, 2018 at 11:12 PM.
babalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 09:51 PM #634
jkeys jkeys is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
jkeys jkeys is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
mailed a letter for each member of my household this morning. Certified mail with signature required.
jkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 10:57 PM #635
Bountied's Avatar
Bountied Bountied is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 814
Bountied Bountied is online now
Member
Bountied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by babalou View Post
other than the reply email and timestamp thereof? The header information, if need be. Meez gotz that, as well to add. Will show the origin/time of the reply, what smtp hops, as well as the from email address. Not hard to set q=mx on nslookups. To me, the same or more as the receipt from the recipient of the letter I also sent. At least I have a person in the email reply who acknowledged and pointed me to the website with reference to the MD bs. The letter with return receipt will not show that, only that they received it. Like others stated, I could have sent a box of chocolates. Why else would I correspond to the BATFE? Not really on my Christmas card list.
I have a reply to my email from the BATFE. The MD law never said you had to send a letter, only that you had to get approval from the ATF, which I didn't because they already approved me to own it by it not being illegal. MD can suck it. They don't have the resources to go door to door looking for rapid fire trigger activators.
Bountied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 11:25 PM #636
babalou's Avatar
babalou babalou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monkey County
Posts: 5,092
babalou babalou is offline
Senior Member
babalou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monkey County
Posts: 5,092
bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountied View Post
I have a reply to my email from the BATFE. The MD law never said you had to send a letter, only that you had to get approval from the ATF, which I didn't because they already approved me to own it by it not being illegal. MD can suck it. They don't have the resources to go door to door looking for rapid fire trigger activators.
Ed-Zachary..
babalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 11:28 PM #637
babalou's Avatar
babalou babalou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monkey County
Posts: 5,092
babalou babalou is offline
Senior Member
babalou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monkey County
Posts: 5,092
So what do they deem as rapid fire? More than three shots per minute? Damn musket. One pew per two seconds? So if I shoot every three seconds and then decide to do double taps or shoot every one second, the horror!!! I just made myself against the law!!! My Home Alone face. SMH....
babalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 11:41 PM #638
j_h_smith's Avatar
j_h_smith j_h_smith is offline
Huckleberry Dillinger
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 27,874
j_h_smith j_h_smith is offline
Huckleberry Dillinger
j_h_smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 27,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by babalou View Post
So what do they deem as rapid fire? More than three shots per minute? Damn musket. One pew per two seconds? So if I shoot every three seconds and then decide to do double taps or shoot every one second, the horror!!! I just made myself against the law!!! My Home Alone face. SMH....
It doesn't pertain to rapid fire. It's anything that increases the rate of fire.
__________________
Jim Smith

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
j_h_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 11:53 PM #639
Mr. Ed's Avatar
Mr. Ed Mr. Ed is offline
This IS my Happy Face
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater
Posts: 5,816
Mr. Ed Mr. Ed is offline
This IS my Happy Face
Mr. Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
It doesn't pertain to rapid fire. It's anything that increases the rate of fire.
So that could potentially include taking some defensive training, too. Amazing BS law. I'm kidding (kind of) but it seems my highly trained fingers are now officially rapid fire accessories. I still can't hit shit, but I can do it real fast.

Fvcking politicians. I hope they choke on a bag of dicks.
__________________
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 11:53 PM #640
Rangeishot Rangeishot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Rangeishot Rangeishot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Bump Stock Suit Filed

Thank you MSI. Donating for the cause!
Rangeishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
sb707, trigger activator


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service