• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Nice guy?
    Your definition must be different than mine.

If you sit down and talk to him, yes he is a nice guy. If you're basing it on an blog post he wrote or the nonsense they spew in their podcasts, then no I guess not. I actually know Greg, and on a personal level he is a nice guy.

You also missed that everyone there are just out for fame and attention. Their egos blew up when they were invited to participate with the baltimore sun. Thats also about the time others left. They failed at what they really wanted and have found another outlet that helps them get a resemblance of what they want. They feel important, and sending them messages or responding to their nonsense only feeds their egos. I wouldn't be surprised if they are coming to this thread and going, "look at what we did, man are we so important." Most of them cry like babies when their egos get deflated, Greg doesn't seem to care or act like (he does like the attention and his ego stroked) that but the others...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What RM did, was the worst combination of outcomes. By falsely attributing non-existent 2A gains, Hogan catches major flack and backlash from the Anti's, while nothing is actually gained. *IF* they were actually trying to sabotage Hogan and 2A cause, this would be what they would do.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I think many here are missing the point of why Red Maryland was like WTF guys.

Red Maryland regurgitated an article from the Hagerstown Herald. The original article was in line with what the Herald spit out.

The original article (from RM) was a very bland article with almost ZERO editorial except for saying Hogan is trying to move the ball forward even though it may not be as fast as some would like. It was clearly a "heres some news to fill our site" article.

Period.

It was not an investigative piece, nor was it intended to be an editorial. Its intention was to simply have a post published for activity sake, hence the benign article.

What happened after, which several people have been warned about MANY times, is that instead of sending a corrective email about what is really going on, you blasted them saying they fabricated this, did that, etc. There point in the how not to win friends and influence people was exactly spot on. Many people here in the 2A community just dont give a rip about their perception when battling these issues and it makes the ENTIRE group look like a "cult". The people making the decisions are not backyard bob. You must present these issues with class....and yes sending a video from a "Mr BoomStick" is not class. A video from James G would have been fine, but really....come on man.

Then you ended up in a pseudo social media war with them - which they enjoy and brings more attention to their site.

We all knew that the Herald was a bad piece but no one stormed their castle like they did with Red Maryland. Do I think Greg Kline was a bit of a putz about his response - yes, however so were the people beating the drum over in 2A land.

Point is RM regurgitated an article and had no ill intention except to fill their site with what was an originally benign boring piece.

Not everyone who tried to engage those guys, was nasty or not arguing with facts. I engaged Greg on twitter (horrible platform, I am well aware) and got a "if our reporting is too favorable to Hogan, that's your problem."

https://twitter.com/GregoryKline/status/775410875670855680

Ah, no Mr. Kline, it is your problem. Don't attempt to be a news/commentary site and then attack your engaged audience as being "a cult." You may just find your audience, well, fleeting.

Further, he attacked my pseudonym handle usage; another straw man. Then continued to perpetuate the non-fact based hearsay (as it wasn't even their article).

FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Please note that DNR has a very active LE component, so direct LE to LE communication would be entirely plausible and possible, and difficult for DNR LE to refuse.

:innocent0

Yeah, so, why didn't they use some of that LE to determine if there was any inpropriaty when they sent me an email back in 2013 over the False Safety Act. You know, the one from the Gov. himself. Don't tell me they can't coordinate if they don't want to.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, I stopped reading RM after about a month due to lack of substance. Just my opinion. Take it as you will.

And the only reason I still follow them / keep them in my Feedly, is to troll them. They don't like it much. Tossing a Molotov every once in a while on their "in-famous" routines is kinda enjoyable. (NOTE: YOU must be tactful; there is a right and wrong way to troll when attempting to fire for affect).

I listened to the show last night, yes again were they being a putz - yes.

Now only Dan can confirm the way in which he or any members he may have known about has presented themselves to the elected body.

Im simply saying that whomever was included in the tar and feathering of RM for the original article got a bit amped and over excited - which again feeds into the attention and social media play that RM enjoys.

Attention is a good thing - dont think for a second RM resents the conversation.

What it did show was that Boomstick and friends do not know how to engage in an educational conversation which spurred RM to be RM in their social media responses.

These are political junkies, they get into it all...the...time... They do not ease into a conversation when someone comes at them. They meet it head on - hence why this stupid article lead to a blow up.

Guys - it really is incredibly dumb. Anyone can see that the original article was benign and certain 2A people attacked RM for a dumb benign article.

What ensued after is fair game.

Nope...

Going at them with facts, and a fair mind, they still play like the good Alinskites that they are on the right (except worse...they don't use accurate inaccuracies).

RM was not 100% accurate. They indicated that no one took issue with the Herald, which is not the fact. They also said that there was an organized attack on them and that members of the community, myself included, did not come to them and point out the inaccuracies in a cordial manner, this in fact was done and I have the proof.

They did this purely for the attention and fell way, way short of anything remotely resembling integrity. Citing an article as gospel and not recanting or correcting the record because the original article has not fessed up to being inaccurate is some of the laziest Sun-esque journalism I have every seen.

Yep. Hey, they wanna shill for Hogan; that's cool. Just be honest about it. THough, they are kinda open about their fanboy status.

And that's the problem with one source news stories, the Herald story was just as wrong as my hypothetical and puts the administration in a bad position. RM running with a false story just added to the mess.

In addition, the over reaction by RM was eye opening, immature and quite sensitive of them. I cannot speak for everyone who may have contacted them, but I know the majority of the inquiries to them were civil. To this point, they still hang their hat on an article that they took at face value and did ZERO questioning or verifying. To my knowledge, they didn't even contact those interviewed with the Herald article. That type of journalism, and I use the term lightly, would not even hack it for a school newspaper.

Edit: One this this whole sh*ts show has proven, is that the 2A community is closer and more untied than people give us credit for and RM is not part of the 2A community and doesn't have clue what is really going on.

Yeah, they are completely clueless. RM used to be a decent little counter-culture/Annapolis blog; now it's just a bunch of Pom-pom nuts swingers (yep, I said it here amongst friends).

I'm not mad at Hogan, I just think he has bad staff on this issue and worse, it isn't a priority for him. Sometimes the long game strategy is lost in the moment; hence, he will probably get my vote in the next cycle, but he is not playing this wisely (and neither are his surrogates).

I disagree. I believe that RM did more damage to their own image and reputation than any 2A advocate. Are there silly members of any community? Sure, but real "journalists" should hold themselves to a higher standard and stay above the fray. Griffith and Kline pulled a "Kamenetz" with their "we're the big dog, you're the little dog" routine.

Funny thing is, those two are the only ones who believe their blog or the Herald article. If they didn't believe it, they would not have tried to canabalize the traffic off such a amature article or they would have refuted it. At the least they would have tapped their vast source of admin insiders for the real scoop.

If they want to be a pundant/spin blog, then great. Be that. If they want to be a news/media/journo/reporting blog, great, be that. If they want the latter but to have editorials/opinions, awesome. Then make that happen and distinguish.

They are bad at all of the above because they can't separate themselves.

I am a huge Hogan apologist but a) Kline vastly overstated Hogan's contributions and appears to be taking credit for things like Kolbe; b) called us a CCW cult; c) did not fact check the article before running with it in the first place.

Kline proved himself to be a douche, case closed. If anything he is alienating people who will need to go to the polls when Hogan is up for re-election.

Yup. This is particularly true. My parents have already told Hogan no more money over the lack of Trump support (which I think is a silly reason, but its a free country). But now, the surrogates attack people who agree w/ them 85% of the time or more? Yeah, real brilliant tactics.

If you sit down and talk to him, yes he is a nice guy. If you're basing it on an blog post he wrote or the nonsense they spew in their podcasts, then no I guess not. I actually know Greg, and on a personal level he is a nice guy.

You also missed that everyone there are just out for fame and attention. Their egos blew up when they were invited to participate with the baltimore sun. Thats also about the time others left. They failed at what they really wanted and have found another outlet that helps them get a resemblance of what they want. They feel important, and sending them messages or responding to their nonsense only feeds their egos. I wouldn't be surprised if they are coming to this thread and going, "look at what we did, man are we so important." Most of them cry like babies when their egos get deflated, Greg doesn't seem to care or act like (he does like the attention and his ego stroked) that but the others...

^ So, in other words, they are just another member of the junior wing of the bipartisan fusion party. Another team member on the Washington Generals. One of the Konsultant Klass members of Conservative Inc's permanent back bencher that plays L.O.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Wow, Mr. Griffiths sure seems to have a hard-on for Rack and the PP. "We're out-gunned, and we need to present a coordinated front. We need action, not words, as I shall now demonstrate using words on this blog ... except for these guys, who I shall feature with photos taken of them in-action on the bricks. Oh, and I shall castigate them with my blog-words for posting wrong-orientation videos of their actions - like banging pots and pans on the sidewalk in front of Mad Maxine's house. I fully expect my divisive blog-words to inspire unity within the gun-owners' community (no doubt with Red Maryland at the helm) and get lots of other-people to self-organize and act."

I s'pose things would be different if I were a stay-at-home Dad with a sugar-momma wife who provided me with financial and physical security such that I could devote 100% of my time to political activities ...

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Wow, Mr. Griffiths sure seems to have a hard-on for Rack and the PP. "We're out-gunned, and we need to present a coordinated front. We need action, not words, as I shall now demonstrate using words on this blog ... except for these guys, who I shall feature with photos taken of them in-action on the bricks. Oh, and I shall castigate them with my blog-words for posting wrong-orientation videos of their actions - like banging pots and pans on the sidewalk in front of Mad Maxine's house. I fully expect my divisive blog-words to inspire unity within the gun-owners' community (no doubt with Red Maryland at the helm) and get lots of other-people to self-organize and act."

I s'pose things would be different if I were a stay-at-home Dad with a sugar-momma wife who provided me with financial and physical security such that I could devote 100% of my time to political activities ...

Has RM ever attended anything sponsored by the PP or MSI? I don't see 4,000 people in that photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom