FTF sales thru MSP - When to exchange $$?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    If I were buying from Amazon, the I would have no problem paying up front. All sellers on Amazon have very high standards that they are held to. If they do not live up to those standards, then they are not allowed to sell on Amazon anymore.

Also, all online sales are transacted using a credit card. If a seller fails to meet their obligation, then the buyer is protected by the credit card company. I suppose I would not have a problem paying an individual in advance if they accepted a credit card and did not charge a fee. Otherwise, keep your gun and your table saw or find someone else who trusts you more than I do.

Not necessarily true. I buy and sell on Gunbroker (and Armslist) all the time and I've paid or have been paid by money order and once by personal check. In all cases, the firearm doesn't get shipped to the buyers FFL until I/they receive the money and vice versa. I typically handle my MSP transfers the same way, though I have taken partial payments twice.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Not necessarily true. I buy and sell on Gunbroker (and Armslist) all the time and I've paid or have been paid by money order and once by personal check. In all cases, the firearm doesn't get shipped to the buyers FFL until I/they receive the money and vice versa. I typically handle my MSP transfers the same way, though I have taken partial payments twice.

I stand corrected. Not ALL online sales are transacted using a credit card, however all online purchases that I make are. There has been more than one thread here on MDS talking about sending funds to an Armslist seller, only to find out that it was a scam. Not worth it to me.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've purchased/sold both ways. I'm very accommodating and don't much care. I've never been ripped off, but then again I usually talk with the other party and know who they are.

If no one mentions it, I'll pay after I inspect the item; or whenever I've decided to commit to the deal. The police don't care when you exchange the money, and neither do I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom