• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Soon after the FSA2013 was passed I was at a town hall meeting in Frederick with pro 2A politicians and a NRA representative was there. The NRA promised it would challenge the law. I became a Life Member that week.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Are MSRPA and MLFDA still collecting??

Just trying to be thorough.

Hope so, I continue to contribute through MLFDA.

Have no idea of the grand total (probably at least $1000 plus the tampon exchange operation. :)) I slide Lou45 funds all the time. He collects the funds for that organization.

Of course at the moment he is incapacitated, but his mailbox at shooters discount is working and collected daily.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Did I hear Fader correctly during arguement? At the 40min mark it sounded like he said the weapons MD is banning in this law were, "vastly more dangerous than the machine guns at issue when the NFA was enacted."

These semi-auto "assault weapons" are vastly more dangerous than machine guns? What the hell was he smokin'

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maybe we could crowd fund a lawsuit? People do it all the time for all kinds of projects. Isn't there some service for that?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Did I hear Fader correctly during arguement? At the 40min mark it sounded like he said the weapons MD is banning in this law were, "vastly more dangerous than the machine guns at issue when the NFA was enacted."

These semi-auto "assault weapons" are vastly more dangerous than machine guns? What the hell was he smokin'

That's what he said.. My friend has a M2, I'd consider that a bit more radical than an AR-15

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Don't forget we get to pay both sides of this law suit, Brown isn't using his own money he is using our tax dollars so he doesn't care how long it takes or how much it costs.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Don't forget we get to pay both sides of this law suit, Brown isn't using his own money he is using our tax dollars so he doesn't care how long it takes or how much it costs.

This part, while true, is borne by all MD citizens as taxpayers. Secondly, I believe that if we win, our costs are then the responsibility of the state as well.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    While this is a way that could be used, they charge almost 8% in fees.... With the current donation button, all the funds are received.

Thank you to those that have made a donation!

I think most of the orgs need more fund raising events throughout the year. I wonder if a donation container during rallies are allowed. Most people are more more likely to make impulse donations rather than going online and making a credit card donation.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I think most of the orgs need more fund raising events throughout the year.

I agree

I wonder if a donation container during rallies are allowed. Most people are more more likely to make impulse donations rather than going online and making a credit card donation.

I would guess that each rally would be different. I'm not sure if the rallies on lawyers mall allow it or not. I don't recall any information being conveyed to me during the application regarding this.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

You heard him right. I agree that Faber is crazy. See http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3734954&postcount=530

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Yeah, I saw that thread after posting here. Is there any way to politely suggest Sweeny & Co. file the post arguement 28j letter you mentioned? Or do we just hope & trust that they have this handled? I guess if it doesnt get covered it could presumably be mentioned in an amicus brief at the next step (en banc or cert petition)

It's a judgment call best left to counsel. It won't be outcome determinative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom