• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradg

May 12, 2017
    Has anyone here from Maryland gone to the Chantilly show and used their C&R FFL to buy a C&R handgun and been able to carry it home?
    Would like to know before i spend time to travel to that show only for them not to let me cash and carry a C&R handgun......

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Has anyone here from Maryland gone to the Chantilly show and used their C&R FFL to buy a C&R handgun and been able to carry it home?
    Would like to know before i spend time to travel to that show only for them not to let me cash and carry a C&R handgun......

Yes, several times.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I would define "nearby" as close enough for me to drive there, spend some time at the show, and drive back before the wife kills me for leaving her alone all day with our toddler to go look at guns...so maybe a gun show in the house next door would be nearby?

In all seriousness, maybe a maximum 2 hour drive outside Annapolis

Take a good look at GUNBROKER...

They are a NATION WIDE Gun Seller with a huge network of dealers & inventory...

All their sales are on line...

Look to buy from a dealer with a lot of sales & good reviews...

Worst case is that you have to pay a local FFL dealer to receive it & transfer it to you...

I have bought more than a few guns from Gun Broker & everything went perfectly...

You can also ask a local FFL to find a specific gun for you...

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

I know that 'Indian River Collectables" will accept a C&R FFL on a handgun.

He is the dealer over on the right side of the main building towards the front.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

Yes.

There is no “them”. It’s up to each non-Maryland seller at the show whether he or she will sell directly to a Type 03 FFL.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    The Virginia Gun Collector’s Assoc puts on two shows a year (next one is this weekend 3-4 Nov!) at the Prince William County Fairgrounds in Manassas. It’s a small to medium show but what makes it different is that it’s put on by volunteers from a nonprofit. Funds raised goes to support youth shooting sports. Also it’s a serious show put on by serious collectors. Many of the members are published authors. At the show there’s no beef jerky, jewelry, or bathroom remodelers... However, it is a friendly accessible show. The members set up an antiques roadshow style table to help people research history and value of their pieces. Members compete by setting up display tables where they bring out their treasures and make educational displays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom