• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingshawaiian

Sep 25, 2016
    Recently heard of Schrader's in Henderson, MD. Showed up. Very nice staff. Clean place. They have rifle/pistol range for $10/hour. Up to 150y. They also have sporting clay course. Rifle range is one person at a time which is nice not having to have hot brass all over your back. Took the AR's and my shotgun. Zeroed in the new red dot and shot a round of clays. Very impressed. Anyone else heard of it or been?

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Recently heard of Schrader's in Henderson, MD. Showed up. Very nice staff. Clean place. They have rifle/pistol range for $10/hour. Up to 150y. They also have sporting clay course. Rifle range is one person at a time which is nice not having to have hot brass all over your back. Took the AR's and my shotgun. Zeroed in the new red dot and shot a round of clays. Very impressed. Anyone else heard of it or been?

Do you have a red dot on the shotty or did you shoot clays with the rifle? :innocent0

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

I live <1 mile from Schrader's and often hear them blastin' away. Haven't been there for a while but last time the Sporting Clays course was pretty good.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I live <1 mile from Schrader's and often hear them blastin' away. Haven't been there for a while but last time the Sporting Clays course was pretty good.

My favorite place to shoot Sporting Clays since J&P's closed up. Haven't been to the rifle range, yet. But the Sporting, Five Stand, and Wobble Trap are first rate.

Mike Anchor

Apr 28, 2017
    Denton, Maryland
    Schraders is an amazing gem, beautiful facility and clay course. The staff and owners are friendly and very accommodating! Great for events, and even have lodging available!

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Yes I am resurrecting a year old thread. :omg: It makes it easier for people to find information in the future in one space instead of jumping between threads. :)

---

I went to Schrader's this morning with IX-3 to try the pistol range. Mike at Black Anchor ^ suggested them when I picked up my M&P last month and I just never got around to going at all until now because of work. I took the M&P and the Sig P365. Their pistol range consisted of a door on it's side for placing targets on held up by some metal supports. It worked for today though it was pretty shot up, but you're welcome to bring your own target stands (which is probably how a door got there anyway) so that's what I'll be doing next time.

Weekdays aren't busy, we got there a little after 9 and were the only ones there for either range. If I had known that was going to be the case I would have taken a rifle too. They had some hunting groups going out and I think a group doing sporting clays based on how often I heard shotguns, but once we got on the range we didn't see anyone else the entire hour. They suggest calling for a reservation on weekends because that's when they are busy. If the Five Stand course is in use the pistol range isn't usable because it's directly behind it.

It's a good place, friendly staff just be prepared to bring your own stands and targets for the pistol range. The range has one bench so it's one group at a time, if you're going to be there for a while or bring several pistols I suggest bringing a small folding table so you have room to spread out. Even though it's the pistol range I found rifle casings and a ton of shotgun casings. We did the best we could to clean up our brass but we did not recover a fair portion of our 219 casings. I'll be bringing a trash bag and some gloves next time so I can clean up the crap people leave out there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom