Yellow Perch run getting close. Anyone catching them yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Im right behind you. I can hardly walk some days from being nearly frozen from being out in it all the time.
    They want to go trout fishing and I was just looking for new hip waders that could accommodate a kerosene heater.:)

I got new insulated chest waders from Rogers this waterfowl season and they have a pouch inside the bib to hold a hand warmer or two. Doesn’t help your feet but it’s something. These waders also have the 1000 insulation in the boot instead of the 600. I rarely fish for stream trout other than early spring or fall so one set of waders does it all for me.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    If things go as planned,I will be fishing Hillsboro area on the Tuckahoe River on Mon.Does anyone have any info on the yellow perch fishing in that area?Will bank fishing be ok,or should I take a kayak? I have fished there only once a few years ago and didnt catch any,I think we were too late for the run

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    If things go as planned,I will be fishing Hillsboro area on the Tuckahoe River on Mon.Does anyone have any info on the yellow perch fishing in that area?Will bank fishing be ok,or should I take a kayak? I have fished there only once a few years ago and didnt catch any,I think we were too late for the run

We used to catch lots of Yellow perch right there on Rt 50.
    The little branch right there by the Tree co./ Wood pile.
    There wasn’t anyone fishing it yesterday.

I hit beechwood a couple of weeks ago with the family and it was packed so deep it wasn’t feasible with kids. They still need some practice with their casts. I’ve been wanting to try a spot I got a tip from a coworker. It’s called grays run right on route 40 in Aberdeen. It’s kinda of a haul but in this day and age I’ve got some extra time to go for a cruise and make some memories with kids for the sake of some yellow perch. Anyone else had any experience at that spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom