• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I love Craigslist sometimes. $15 for a WW2 Kinfolks:party29:

Blade has the original edge , sheath is a lil dry but it will go nice with the rest of the WW2 family.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 243

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    good deal, its amazing someone would let something go with that type of history for $15

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    good deal, its amazing someone would let something go with that type of history for $15

They had a whole pile of knives mostly junk except for this one . I drove over and picked it up last night and a old Queen cutlery fixed blade knife for 15 as well .

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    i saw that on there and emailed him to you must have been fast draw gota love craigslist
    great knife il go 25.00

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    i saw that on there and emailed him to you must have been fast draw gota love craigslist
    great knife il go 25.00

Lol ty for the offer but it has made itself quite comfortable with the rest of the family of WWII knives and bayonets. Ill try and get them all out and put up a few pics of the collection this weekend .

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    They are getting harder to come by from that era . Hell even if you find them at the flea markets now they want mint prices for pretty banged up peices.

There is a guy at the north point flea market that has quiet a few but he wants too much for the condition they are in . Ive bought a few old Case folders from him for decent prices though.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    My dad still has his he found at Camp Pendleton. They were WWII holdover KBars. Put a little neatsfoot oil on that sheath RJ and you will be suprised! Great find. All I can find is a pesky Garand...

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    My dad still have his he found at Camp Pendleton. They were WWII holdover KBars. Put a little neatsfoot oil on that sheath RJ and you will be suprised! Great find. All I can find is a pesky Garand...

Dad stole it for a day and put something on the sheath for me .It isnt as dry now and those cracks arent as bad as they look in the pic. I was buying alot off of ebay for awhile then everyone caught on lol . prices went way up . The deals are out there ya just have to keep hunting around , I usualy hit yard sales on the weekends .

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Here it is .The Army ordered 4,696 pistols at the end of 1939 where the Coltrock plastic grips were grips made in 1940 and were found to be too brittle and are now rarely seen. As with the 1924 pistols, 1940 pistols have the Ordnance Dept. inspector's initials stamped below the slide stop, the "CSR" stamp for Charles S. Reed. Also, the "P" proof mark was moved to below the magazine catch replacing the "H" initial.

Attachments

• colt 1911 (2).jpg
      colt 1911 (2).jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 157

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    Here it is .The Army ordered 4,696 pistols at the end of 1939 where the Coltrock plastic grips were grips made in 1940 and were found to be too brittle and are now rarely seen. As with the 1924 pistols, 1940 pistols have the Ordnance Dept. inspector's initials stamped below the slide stop, the "CSR" stamp for Charles S. Reed. Also, the "P" proof mark was moved to below the magazine catch replacing the "H" initial.

I don't know if I am drooling, had a wet dream, or both...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom