• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I saw the write-up on these knives in the recent American Handgunner.

http://www.americanhandgunner.com/pocket-dynamite/

Since Handgunner, like most gun magazines, never met an advertiser's products they didn't like, the review is fairly positive. But I have a question.

Can these things be opened one-handed? Or do I need to hold each piece of the handle in one hand and have buddy rotate the blade?

Does anyone own one of these?

For $35 list, $30 retail, they seem a fair value.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I like their version of the Cop Tool. Been thinking about getting one for the pocket and leave the Boker on the tool belt or tool caddy.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    I have the SurvivIT (cop tool) and the SOL (OSS-Style thumb dagger). You can open them one handed pretty easily, though for some reason the SOL is stiffer and takes more force to do so. I find them easier to manipulate with a paracord lanyard attached. I don't have much of an opinion on them good or bad, but they have come in handy many times just due to being so small that I always have one around. Great fun to fiddle with. I kinda like the dagger more. Let me know if you have any questions about them or pic requests.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Those tiny blades just look too.....well, tiny. I don't think they really conceal being a knife more than some of the current knives on the market. I keep mine in my pocket and all you see is the clip.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    if your talking about 888knivesrus.com i've bought a few knives from there they carry many brand name and many exspensive knives.......BUUUUT they have a bunch of 'decent' knives at low prices. i used to buy the cheap 'disposable' knives to carry everyday, that way i'm not scared to use it to do about anything....screwdriver, prying, cutting wire, what have you...

it was a decent way to do it, but i've mostly graduated to worth while knives for everyday use. i still keep a few disposables around though.

johh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom