• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Anybody try a harmonics dampener? Like thy he ones the ast Simms makes?

They work for me at least. I used it mostly in rimfire. I build a Remington 597 with help from Scott Volquartsen initially for Ruger Rimfire. But the dang thing was too accurate and not 100% reliable for speed shooting. Volquartsen carbon fiber wrapped barrel, Jard trigger group w/1.5# trigger, Revolution Tundra stock and BSA Sweet 22 scope to which I added the Simms Barrel De-resonator. With CCI SV it shot .5 MOA. Switched to free standing rimfire metallic silhouette and won 3 club titles in a 5 year span.
    One thing I noted while I was a guru on Rimfire Central.com is that that little rubber device was really good at improving the groups of cheap ammo. A couple of members did tests and the shrinking group size was very evident. Also used the rifle in Winchester NRA Qualification where I shot Distinguished Expert in Benchrest at my first attempt without any lower qualifications. Out of the 11 qualifying targets the last 5 were all perfect 200 point targets.
    Have not tried it on any of my centerfire bolt guns because I built the rifles and have never competed with them but I will if I ever get around to it.
    YRMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom