• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    No letter yet? Called on 5/2 and was told I was mailed yesterday so 5/1. 5/5 nothing yet in the mailbox where does it ship from?

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Now what and where should I use this thing on.

I mailed my application the same day as you. Credit card was charged a couple of days after your check was cashed. Still haven't seen anything in the mail yet. Which number did you call to check on the status?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Unfortunately, you are 5 years too late.

Ugh, don’t remind me. There are still a handful of things left, but all of the great prices and awesome stuff is gone.

I still have some hope that batches of fun stuff will make its way to our shores, but I doubt anything is coming over at prices so low you can’t beleive it.

But in the 2 or 3 weeks I’ve had mine I’ve picked up an m57 Yugo and a sporterized Gewehr 1898 for a song. Granted the Gewehr I really didn’t need a C&R for as it was in person in PA, but it saved a 15+ minute call in background check and 4473. So...I mean, time saver. It’ll probably be awhile before I can use it again.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Ugh, don’t remind me. There are still a handful of things left, but all of the great prices and awesome stuff is gone.

I still have some hope that batches of fun stuff will make its way to our shores, but I doubt anything is coming over at prices so low you can’t beleive it.

But in the 2 or 3 weeks I’ve had mine I’ve picked up an m57 Yugo and a sporterized Gewehr 1898 for a song. Granted the Gewehr I really didn’t need a C&R for as it was in person in PA, but it saved a 15+ minute call in background check and 4473. So...I mean, time saver. It’ll probably be awhile before I can use it again.

Long gone are the days when Austrian M95 carbines, Chinese Mosin T53s and Type 56 SkSes, Yugo M24/47 and M48s, Soviet M91/30s were readily available for next to nothing, and when any day could on gunsnammo would reveal a whole host of M39s in the $349 to $499 range.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Went out and checked the mailbox and my letter was there! So excited. Now I have to save up to actually be able to afford to buy anything with it. Haha.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Went out and checked the mailbox and my letter was there! So excited. Now I have to save up to actually be able to afford to buy anything with it. Haha.

Or be like most of us and spend with wild abandon and then regret the bills that show up. :sad20:

I’ve about shot my wad for what I can afford this year. I am torn between hoping some other nice shipments come in from overseas and hoping any that do wait a year or two so I can save up some more money.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Or be like most of us and spend with wild abandon and then regret the bills that show up. :sad20:

I’ve about shot my wad for what I can afford this year.

Don't get me started on this. So far this year I've already exceeded my average annual number of C&R purchases. But one was actually pretty cheap, so it doesn't count. Right?

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Your In!

Don't get me started on this. So far this year I've already exceeded my average annual number of C&R purchases. But one was actually pretty cheap, so it doesn't count. Right?

3% of the time it counts; I checked and cheap doesn't count.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Yeah, I wish. Only expensive one for me was my CMP Garand. But all my other C&R purchases together add up to about the Garand also. But then you’ve gotta add in some magazines and ammo and I’ve probably spent close to as much again (well, not including the Garand as that was $750 and I’ve only dropped maybe another $200 on ammo and accessories so far)

Call it $2k total. Which is about $1k more than I had been planning to spend 3 months ago. I don’t regret it, but I am feeling a little Gun/gun stuff buying exhaustion.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Just got my renewal paper work in the mail today. This is my 5th renewal and I don't recall ever having to obtain proof that I mailed a copy to my Local LEO. I always just sent him a copy of my application. It says right on the instructions now that you must send proof of local Leo receiving a copy of your application and that if you don't, your application will be returned. How have you all handeled this? Certified or registered letter? Hand delivery? What do you send in as proof?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Just got my renewal paper work in the mail today. This is my 5th renewal and I don't recall ever having to obtain proof that I mailed a copy to my Local LEO. I always just sent him a copy of my application. It says right on the instructions now that you must send proof of local Leo receiving a copy of your application and that if you don't, your application will be returned. How have you all handeled this? Certified or registered letter? Hand delivery? What do you send in as proof?

That’s new. I just got my license back in May and that wasn’t required. I’d just send it certified and submit that. Also are you sure that isn’t really for the other FFL categories?

Jul 1, 2012
    Same date (June 2014) as the form I just sent in a couple months ago and I didn't supply any "proof" of mailing to CLEO (I did send it of course)...
    renewal came back within 3 weeks.
    Maybe "certification" is simply checking the "yes" block.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thats the same thing I was thinking. I don't think that the local LEO wants to get involved in sending comformation letters to all C&R applicants and renewals.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Same instructions when I renewed mine in 2016. I just certified that I mailed it to the CLEO which I did. It was renewed with no issues. Call them if you have a question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom