Where do you buy your primers and powder in maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Anyone have any recommendations along 15 between Frederick and Gettysburg? I'd like referrals before I start calling places. I'd rather pay Hazmat or Bass Pro prices before I deal with poor service.
    I've actually been asked "What do you want that for? X is better." followed by a hard sell and insults. Aint' going to Waldorf or White Plains again.
    That's why I'm asking for recommendations.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    When in the area around Hagerstown, check out The Arrow and Bullet. He keeps a good supply of powder and primers on hand and his prices are better than Hafer's and way better than Hendershott's.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I don't buy powder or primers in Maryland. I pick that stuff up at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly when I need it.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Anyone have any recommendations along 15 between Frederick and Gettysburg? I'd like referrals before I start calling places. I'd rather pay Hazmat or Bass Pro prices before I deal with poor service.
    I've actually been asked "What do you want that for? X is better." followed by a hard sell and insults. Aint' going to Waldorf or White Plains again.
    That's why I'm asking for recommendations.

Redding Hardware in Gettysburg

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    I was in the Delaware Cabela's this week they have very very little of anything for reloading as far as primers and powder. X-Ring I was in there last week and I don't think they have any loading stuff I didn't see any but nobody was interested in talkin to me so I left.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    I was in the Delaware Cabela's this week they have very very little of anything for reloading as far as primers and powder. X-Ring I was in there last week and I don't think they have any loading stuff I didn't see any but nobody was interested in talkin to me so I left.

What a difference a more southern location makes. I was in the Augusta, Georgia, Cabela's last week and they had loads of powders, primers, and an absolute cornucopia of everything reloading related. Felt like I was a North Korean escapee seeing a South Korean supermarket for the first time.

To top off the trip, I stumbled across some Shooters World powders for sale at a nearby indoor range. Been wanting to try their Tactical Rifle and Match Rifle, but can't find it here. $20.95 per pound. :D

Either Cabela's in Christiana or Clark Brothers in Warrenton Va when I am passing through. If I need to buy them in a pinch I will get them local, but for the most part I buy them by the 1000 and I don't know any place local that sells them that way without special order and the dreaded hazmat fee...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom