• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Everyone seems to be missing the point here. I want Republicans to go. I want them to record the event and broadcast it to the open internet afterward. I want transparency.

If they can ask that everyone from this committee show up, but they know only Democrats will show up... That's no different than just inviting Democrats. I want this meeting exposed and worthless.

You have a really good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Everyone seems to be missing the point here. I want Republicans to go. I want them to record the event and broadcast it to the open internet afterward. I want transparency.

If they can ask that everyone from this committee show up, but they know only Democrats will show up... That's no different than just inviting Democrats. I want this meeting exposed and worthless.

They could show up with brown paper bags and peanut butter sandwiches for dinner.

Sit there and listen to every word being said but don't take a single bit of the bribery food.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'd put stock in it.

It means that at least one member of the committee is aware of it and understands the ethical problems with it

That is a good start

Or he never intended to attend it I n the first place

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    How are the ethics rules at the state level so far off of the ethics rules at the Federal level? I can't give any federal employee (much less a law-maker) anything over $20 in value. The stingbeans at Ruth's Chris cost more than that.

Their string beans are so expensive they become sting beans ;)

I can have them to my place and recreate the Ruth Chris experience. I’ll just over salt the meat so they confuse that with quality...

Last edited:

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Interesting. Look at the 3rd complaint in this story about corrupt Democrats against Lucy McBath of Georgia

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ju...ith-ethics-complaints-over-suspicious-conduct

The complaints against McBath are connected to money her campaign received from the advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety. McBath had been employed by Everytown prior to launching her congressional campaign in March 2018, and the complaint states that she remained employed there for roughly two more months. During that time, she appeared on television as both a candidate and a spokesperson for Everytown.

The complaints also allege that McBath received money from Everytown for her campaign during that time, even though Everytown reported in an FEC filing that they first began contributing to McBath's campaign on April 25, 2018.

"However, Everytown began spending in the election for Georgia’s 6th Congressional District while Representative McBath was still serving as the group’s national spokesperson," the OCE complaint says. "It is not publicly known what level of involvement Representative McBath had in Everytown’s expenditures against her eventual general election opponent while she was still employed by Everytown."

Short version...

Racist Mike Bloomberg's Everytown For Gun Safety was caught buying a US House member Judicial committee off by giving her money for her campaign while she was in the paid staff of Everytown and apparently lied about the contributions on an FEC filing

Now this same Everytown for Gun Safety that seems to be caught violating ethics and campaign finance rules at the Federal level is trying to buy favor with Maryland's Judiciary Proceedings Committee

Think I have to email all those state delegates again today and ask them why they would even consider such an unethical invitation from a corrupt group with campaign finance violation history that is run by a racist that thinks all black kids look alike

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    They are all there for some Bloomberg Tube Steak. Supposedly he wraps it with a pointed hood he borrowed from Northam. He’ll go around the room whispering to all the women, “stop and frisk this.”

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member

It won't be a meeting. Legislators will sit in regular tables/booths in a private room and they will eat and talk among themselves. No one is going to stand up and give any kind of speech. It will be one or both of the Lobbyists and maybe someone from the client they represent. It is not a meet and greet - it is an eat and get but remember who buttered your bread.

GOP should not go, in my humble opinion

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    It won't be a meeting. Legislators will sit in regular tables/booths in a private room and they will eat and talk among themselves. No one is going to stand up and give any kind of speech. It will be one or both of the Lobbyists and maybe someone from the client they represent. It is not a meet and greet - it is an eat and get but remember who buttered your bread.

GOP should not go, in my humble opinion

And just to clarify ...the bred butterer here is a racist who thinks all black kids look alike, commit 99% of all crime, and that letting blacks have money is the reason for the 2008 recession (that is Bloomberg's latest embarrassment)

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I think GOP members SHOULD go. They should be witnesses to what is really going on and should spend the hell out of the sponsors money.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Just received a reply from Sen Edwards.

Jefflac,

This is a lobbyist group having a dinner with a Legislative Committee, which is legal. These kinds of events happen all the time in Annapolis during Session. It might look improper, but it is (legal and standard practice).

George C. Edwards

As we already know, it may be legal but it sure as hell looks unethical to the Avg citizen.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Just received a reply from Sen Edwards.

Jefflac,

This is a lobbyist group having a dinner with a Legislative Committee, which is legal. These kinds of events happen all the time in Annapolis during Session. It might look improper, but it is (legal and standard practice).

George C. Edwards

Translation: They know it is shady AF and simply do not care what you think because they, the lawmakers, declared it to be legal.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Although I tagged the wrong committee. I did get a reply on twitter from Del Cox.
    94399e66a2416e93e48aeccd1edf1eb9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom