• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    If your in the market for a dual burner camp stove you might want to check your nearest Walmart. I was in the Hagerstown Walmart today and happened upon the Coleman 424 stove for 49$ instead of the normal 100$ or so. I planned on buying this for a camping trip up the coast this summer anyway so i snapped up the last one on the shelf.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    No problem, hopefully you find the same price i did! It was weird but it just had a normal price sticker, no sale or clearance markings. I did a double take and then checked to make sure the numbers matched up haha.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I love Coleman stoves. I hope my local Walmart has them. I've been wanting one of these for a while. Thanks for the heads up!

If you camp in winter, propane just doesn't cut it! Coleman Fuel (i.e. 'gas') stoves are the way to go. One of my fondest memories is cooking a huge breakfast of sausage and scrambled eggs for 10 hungry Webelos on an abnormally cold April morning when the morning temps were in the 20's. Never would have managed that on propane!

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    The old one, wasn't aware the new one was open, I grabbed the last one off the shelf. Yea I'm a big "dual fuel" fan, cant beat the performance or the ability to use a variety of fuels!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    They opened one on Sharpsburg Pike right below 70.

I have that stove from 30 years ago and it still works great. I use it to render deer fat and make wad lube and stuff the wife would strangle me for doing in the house. :D

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I've been killing it lately on Craigslist for old Coleman stoves. Picked up two in two months, both 1970's era, built wayyyyyyyy stouter than anything made today. Paid $15 for one, and $35 for the other. Did a rebuild kit for the pump, cleaned them up, good as new.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have my dad's that he purchased in 1965 or 1966 with S&H Green Stamps. I think it used what was called Coleman White Gas. I don't know what it's called today. We used that thing every weekend going to a beach on the Bush River. Fun times, great memories.

If they're still made the same way, they are tanks.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I got one of these on Amazon a few weeks ago. It's great and exactly like the ones I used in the Boy Scouts in the 90s. Perfect for your hunting camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom