Chance of hunters at Prettyboy, Parkton on my bike ride tomorrow.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Nicodemus for a while and off 26 on the second bridge. The first could be a hoot with all the queers trying to hook up out there. That was almost 20 years ago now. I guess they might have changed spots by now.

South Lake way off deer park road had an access trail. Long walk but could hunt behind the houses.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    By the time you posted we were in the woods. Saw two bow hunters just strolling along. Answered that we wouldn’t be a problem and might just scare some deer their way.

Pretty tame fire roads and not much elevation, but beautiful being out there.

This is what I was going to say. Most of the deer around the city could care less about humans. They are probably more scared of cars than humans.

So many myths about hunting.

I remember people telling me that I could not pee while rifle hunting. Good grief, I could see for football fields in many directions. Pretty sure I would shoot the deer before it smelled me.

In the "country" I have had people get out of their stands early in the morning and push decent bucks my way.

When I hunted around Seneca Valley Park in MoCo, the deer really did not move unless we were right on top of them. When riding the mountain bike trails in those areas, the deer did not move at all unless we were going to run them over.

Looks like you had a great bike ride. I might start riding around the reservoirs come the spring. Itching to get back on my bike.

Oh yeah, likelihood of getting shot by a true hunter while out riding your bike is pretty slim unless you are dressed like a deer. Where something bright and the chance drops to almost zero. Used to see plenty of bike riders over by Seneca Park and never shot a single one of them. Never even had the scope on them.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This is what I was going to say. Most of the deer around the city could care less about humans. They are probably more scared of cars than humans.

So many myths about hunting.

I remember people telling me that I could not pee while rifle hunting. Good grief, I could see for football fields in many directions. Pretty sure I would shoot the deer before it smelled me.

In the "country" I have had people get out of their stands early in the morning and push decent bucks my way.

When I hunted around Seneca Valley Park in MoCo, the deer really did not move unless we were right on top of them. When riding the mountain bike trails in those areas, the deer did not move at all unless we were going to run them over.

Looks like you had a great bike ride. I might start riding around the reservoirs come the spring. Itching to get back on my bike.

Oh yeah, likelihood of getting shot by a true hunter while out riding your bike is pretty slim unless you are dressed like a deer. Where something bright and the chance drops to almost zero. Used to see plenty of bike riders over by Seneca Park and never shot a single one of them. Never even had the scope on them.

Isn’t every ride a great ride? :)

It was a short ride, but sweet. A section of tall pines was dead quiet with soft filtered light.

I’m going to be riding all winter...got a fat bike with 3” tires run at 8-12 PSI. I picked it up last January and rode in the snow a couple of times. It just powers through. You do pay a price for big tires with low pressure in snow, but I’ll keep fit over winter :thumbsup:

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    got a fat bike with 3” tires run at 8-12 PSI. I picked it up last January and rode in the snow a couple of times. It just powers through. You do pay a price for big tires with low pressure in snow, but I’ll keep fit over winter :thumbsup:
    Pics of fat bike aren’t loading...

I built up a 9:Zero:7 in 2011, but left it behind several moves ago. Have been eyeing the Bikesdirect.com fat bikes lately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom