Who, if anyone, is The New "Colt" for AR's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's Billy Bae Ray Bob's Motorcycle Lube, Machine Shop and AR Assembly Place, because that's the brand I own.

Just kidding, it's probably FN. There's a lot that goes into being a mil-spec contractor.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Chad is doing a face palm as we speak...how many "which AR to get-is best" threads have there been to date?!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It's Billy Bae Ray Bob's Motorcycle Lube, Machine Shop and AR Assembly Place, because that's the brand I own.

Just kidding, it's probably FN. There's a lot that goes into being a mil-spec contractor.

This have me a good chuckle. :) So true.

Few companies are as consistent as Colt.

I will throw in my experience with FN AR15's. Their civilian lines don't touch the consistency of Colt. Not even close.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    While I like BCM they are a tad overpriced and the barrels just are not very accurate.

I will respectfully disagree. I have a few factory BCMs and they’ve been extremely accurate. I guess it depends on which barrel you go with.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

I'm doing another AR pistol, actually. Got a few solid pieces now, and hoping for a sale on a few more later this month.

I was thinking more of the guy who wants to buy a rifle, then realizes that most of the top makers are using some version of a government profile barrel. HBAR is out of style.

pp55ftw

Jan 8, 2019
    While I like BCM they are a tad overpriced and the barrels just are not very accurate.

I also respectfully disagree. Have you seen what Daniel Defense charges? I think the quality between the two are similar for a civilian focused-but duty ready AR but BCM is much more affordable than a DD. Also, as someone else said, depends what type/length barrel and what you are shooting out of it for accuracy. Hell, go with LMT for the truly premium Gucci prices.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Fellas, I recertified my Colt armorers cert in August. They instructor was a senior Colt rep....he assured us that Colt isn't out of the civilian sale business, they simply are catching up on their government contracts for a few months....why are we believing a left leaning article spewing such nonsense? .....cause it's fun to panic buy, that's why.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom