• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    What do they typically sell for? Can anyone with experience comment on durability and quality? I imagine with Nprinco they're probably roughly finished but dependable.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    What do they typically sell for? Can anyone with experience comment on durability and quality? I imagine with Nprinco they're probably roughly finished but dependable.

I don't have the trench model, but I do have their plain Jane model 97.

I have about 500 rounds through it.

Your assessment is correct, it is very rough out of the box and requires grease/lube. It will smooth up with (a lot of) cycling.

Mine has somewhat weak ejection. Upon cycling, the shells do eject, but weakly.

The fit and finish of the wood is a little rough but acceptable, considering country of origin and price.

No idea of price, I got mine 10 years ago

Other than that it goes bang every time.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I had the riot model without the heat shield and bayonet. Functioned great. No issues at all. I didn’t put a ton of rounds through it but it was solid and functioned fine. It also slam fired if that’s your thing. I did it a few times just to do it.

I threw it on Gunbroker and pulled $500 real quick.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    I have the Chinese made IAC'97. It is the latest import from China and it is very smooth and fit and finish is good. It had a problem with weak ejection. I use it for cowboy shooting. A knowledgeable gunsmith that works on cowboy guns can make these Chinese '97 sing. If you can get it a at good price get it. The trench guns are hard to find. These will slam fire, what a blast.:D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hard item to come by. Was glad to snag mine for $400 a couple years back with the heatshield and lug and drove across the bridge a ways to get it. One ugly little spot of rust but otherwise perfect.

I would say $650 to $700 is about market these days. Maybe $500 to $550 for the model without the heat shield.

Where they are going in price you may want to consider one of the new clones on the market. Pricier but really nice https://www.inland-mfg.com/Inland-Shotguns/M37-Trench-shotgun.html

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Hard item to come by. Was glad to snag mine for $400 a couple years back with the heatshield and lug and drove across the bridge a ways to get it. One ugly little spot of rust but otherwise perfect.

I would say $650 to $700 is about market these days. Maybe $500 to $550 for the model without the heat shield.

Where they are going in price you may want to consider one of the new clones on the market. Pricier but really nice https://www.inland-mfg.com/Inland-Shotguns/M37-Trench-shotgun.html

That looks pretty sweet, and I love the American Made part :patriot:

You weren't kidding about the price though! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom