• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    That'll go on the list then! I'm planning on having the guts swapped out for better parts hopefully come summer.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• popcrneater.gif
      popcrneater.gif
      18.5 KB · Views: 255

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    As a former joint service purple suiter and later contractor, my personal observations have been that the USMC spends a lot of time trying to differentiate themselves from the other 3 services.

Why on earth in this day of modern materials and body armory they would want to regress back to a low capacity 100 year old design that fires a big slow moving bullet is beyond me. I enjoy 1911A1s as much as the rest, enjoy shooting my Kimber TLE II, and I cherish my 1943 Remington Rand, but this just doesn't seem to make sense.

After rereading the article I think maybe this has been misinterpreted as the USMC is moving to a .45 when in fact MARSOC has simply grown and needs more 1911s because it is standard issue.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    for the people who think hi cap, is of most importance in a combat gun, there are many ways of making a 1911 hold more rounds then any of your plastic fantastics. for example :party29:

Attachments

• drum.jpg
      drum.jpg
      7 KB · Views: 222
    • 1911bench.jpeg
      1911bench.jpeg
      33.1 KB · Views: 232
    • hi cap 1911.jpg
      hi cap 1911.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 280

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    The MARSOC and recon guys all seen to want the 1911. They love the .45. Since they are the guys going into harm's way, I say let them carry what they want.

Sarguy7777

Kwitcherbitchin
    Feb 26, 2012
    Odenton
    Better is subjective, man. The BEST handgun for you (or anyone) is the one that you/they can deploy smoothly and put warheads on foreheads in a hurry under stress.

The 1911 is just as suitable as any when it comes to combat. I am sure that LA SWAT knows what they are doing...

FnsweetS3

Pro Whack-a-mole chanpion
    Dec 8, 2011
    Taneytown
    That ambush was crap from the word go. It was also preventable by US Mil. They knew we were all sitting ducks waiting to get into BIAP. That being said.... running low pro in Iraq was an iffy situation anyway.... then add in that no one had a long gun.... all sub guns.... no hate truck.... so on and so on.

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Better is subjective, man. The BEST handgun for you (or anyone) is the one that you/they can deploy smoothly and put warheads on foreheads in a hurry under stress.

The 1911 is just as suitable as any when it comes to combat. I am sure that LA SWAT knows what they are doing...

Are you implying the MARSOC should take another look at the Kimber? ;)

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads