• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    A little off topic...

Do you guys that use the CM 10 rounders have any issues, any at all, because of the extra length?
    I've been looking at the higher caps for my 1911 but the length is the only thing holding me back.
    I now use the Wilson Combat 8 rounders that fit flush.

I think they are easier to load because you don't have to do the extra palm punch to seat them. The extra length gives good reach/leverage to make sure they seat properly. I love CM mags.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And then there's the drum mag for 1911's - can't remember if it's 40 or 45 rounds though.

View attachment 53324

Can't imagine any high speed low drag unit would use them, but they are out there.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hell, I don't miss much with a 1911 myself, but think about this, how much would that bastard weigh? Who needs free-weights, just dual wield 2 1911's with drums and you got your arms covered for the day. :lol2:

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    A little off topic...

Do you guys that use the CM 10 rounders have any issues, any at all, because of the extra length?
    I've been looking at the higher caps for my 1911 but the length is the only thing holding me back.
    I now use the Wilson Combat 8 rounders that fit flush.

I would say for a belt gun the CMC 10 rounders are perfect. For a concealed carry gun I would say there are better options unless you are a real big guy that can conceal the extra bulk of the mag sticking out of the frame. However if we are talking a concealed carry gun I wouldn't hesitate to recommend carrying a pair of CMC 10 round mags for a reload.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I don't see why anyone would be surprised the Marines would want a 1911 for the SOCMEU. It has always been popular in the Corps, and in other elite military units. Even among law enforcement, the units that have fairly well-trained shooters, such as the LAPD SWAT, FBI SWAT, and FBI HRT, have requested, and been issued, 1911's. Magazine capacity is very important in a rifle, but if you have a pistol, and are faced with 11 targets, having three extra rounds is not a significant matter.

There are times, however, during a NEO op or Sparrowhawk mission, where accuracy would be a primary consideration, assuming circumstances dictated the use of a handgun, and in such cases the 1911 would be the obvious choice over most plastic weapons, aside from the obvious fact that polymer frames are not proven to withstand the rigors of hard military service with anything close to the record of the 1911, let alone staying in continued use and firing literally hundreds of thousands of rounds the way 1911's have and continue to do in the USMC.

FnsweetS3

Pro Whack-a-mole chanpion
    Dec 8, 2011
    Taneytown
    As a Marine that carried/shot the 1911... I loved it and was said when they did away with it for the grunt NCO's. I fell through the cracks and carried both a M9 and the 1911 (in a tankers holster).

BTW... some in this thread are funny.... :shakes head:

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Only issue I have is almost nonexistent. The one CM 10 rounder I use in my Taurus won't lock the slide back from time to time, and when that happens the mag has to be physically pulled out. But it's a once in a blue moon thing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Only issue I have is almost nonexistent. The one CM 10 rounder I use in my Taurus won't lock the slide back from time to time, and when that happens the mag has to be physically pulled out. But it's a once in a blue moon thing.

Sounds like the follower is overriding the Slide Stop. If you have more than one CMC 10 round and only one does thi its a bad mag, if it does it on all CMC's you need to replace the slide stop.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Sounds like the follower is overriding the Slide Stop. If you have more than one CMC 10 round and only one does thi its a bad mag, if it does it on all CMC's you need to replace the slide stop.

It's the only CMC mag I have, the other two I use are the 8 rounders that came with the pistol, the slide locks back on both of those every time. I'd be inclined to believe its the follower overriding the slide stop, but seeing as it seldom happens, it's not that big of a deal. If I decided to swap out the slide stop, what brand would you recommend? And is it something as easy as swapping out the old with the new, or would that require fitting?

Maybe you could help me out with something else, the safety has trouble engaging from time to time. If I cock the hammer and try to engage it, the safety will slide up about half way and stop, minimal force will cause it to fully engage. It's a fairly new pistol so could it just be a matter of breaking it in, or something else?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It's the only CMC mag I have, the other two I use are the 8 rounders that came with the pistol, the slide locks back on both of those every time. I'd be inclined to believe its the follower overriding the slide stop, but seeing as it seldom happens, it's not that big of a deal. If I decided to swap out the slide stop, what brand would you recommend? And is it something as easy as swapping out the old with the new, or would that require fitting?

Maybe you could help me out with something else, the safety has trouble engaging from time to time. If I cock the hammer and try to engage it, the safety will slide up about half way and stop, minimal force will cause it to fully engage. It's a fairly new pistol so could it just be a matter of breaking it in, or something else?

Is it an ambi safety? If so it could be the right side binding ir flexing excessively. Its a common issue with Ambi Safeties on 1911's. The only Ambi I trust is a WIlson Buttetproof, otherwise just use a single sided. If its a single sided giving you issues it could be the frame causing it, or the engagement tab and in some circumstances the plunger.

For the Slide Stop use an EGW

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Higher capacity? Can you hit what you shoot at or not? The 1911 has the best trigger of any semi auto handgun ever invented and enables the shooter to hit what he is shooting at better than any other autoloader which is why it is top dog.

Should we limit troops to 10 rnd mags for the m4?

While I like 1911's (as you know) I would take a modern double stack 45 that holds 13-15 rnds first

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Should we limit troops to 10 rnd mags for the m4?

While I like 1911's (as you know) I would take a modern double stack 45 that holds 13-15 rnds first

:thumbsup:

Hell, if there were a mag that held 30 rounds and fit within the framework of the pistol, I would be all for it. In combat, the more the merrier:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom