• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    No need for name calling gents, let's discuss this like adults.

(loser hippy retards)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I'm looking for a list of people that have guns that want to go up against old slab sides. Are you volunteering, or will you be a no show?

Sure, Glock 21. You want to buy the ammo?:D

BTW someone should tell the Marine Corps its 2012. We dont need classic US designs in the age of Obama;)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    You buy your own ammo. All you have to do is be willing to throw it in the bucket, get it good and dirty, shoot it and live with the consequences win lose or draw.

Hahah , are you going to call Mt Airy Biker ? Where the hell is he? He is the ultimate 1911 fanboi.

BTW whats in it for me, besides seeing you get major shrinkage:o

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    See my last post. Bring your tupperware out for a test and see where it stacks up.

How about you respond to the substance of what everyone is saying and tell us all why the 1911 is the best combat handgun in the world? Make your case.

Holy crap. These newbie know nothings are coming out of the woodwork tonight. :lol2:

What does my post count have to do with anything? I just moved to MD and joined the board. Does that in some way diminish my view? Try responding to what I said.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    How about you respond to the substance of what everyone is saying and tell us all why the 1911 is the best combat handgun in the world? Make your case.

What does my post count have to do with anything? I just moved to MD and joined the board. Does that in some way diminish my view? Try responding to what I said.

It must be a full moon.

You showed up way late to the party, but are trying to come off like the big man on campus. This discussion has been hashed out time and time again on this board. Do a search.

Of course you could always cut to the chase. Come on down to Delmarva and throw your tupperware in the bucket along with old slab sides.

In case you are wondering, yeah I'm a dumb redneck. If I'm willing to throw a 1k gun in a bucket of mud or sand, you certainly have no need to fear throwing your $500 superior engineered plastic fantastic in the bucket along with old slab sides. Put up or shut up.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Silence...............:lol2:

It's funny how so many people talk smack about 1911s, but no one wants to do a straight up head to head reliability test in the mud and muck. I thought 1911s were so fragile and unreliable that it would be better to throw them at an enemy than to try and shoot them. :lol2:

goneshootin88

Sep 22, 2009
    MOCO
    While you are talking to some anonymous jerkweed about his experience with his 1911s, and reading some dubious internet report, I've actually been shooting 1911s for the last 20 years. Mine don't break, and they work every time I pull the trigger.

During the original government tests the 1911 went 6k rounds with zero malfunctions while being shot as fast as possible with a bucket brigade loading magazines. When the gun got hot they dunked it in a bucket of cold water, cooled it and shot it some more. The gun was cleaned and lubed every 600 rounds. That is good enough for me.

As I posted in another thread, we are going to have a put up or shut up test at a future MD Shooters get together. I'll shove one of my 1911s in a bucket of mud, sand, or whatever, and I'll shoot the shit out of it afterwards. What do you have to bring you are willing to throw in the bucket?

I'm looking for a list of people that have guns that want to go up against old slab sides. Are you volunteering, or will you be a no show?

Wow you are one classy guy. Calling a decorated Marine, military firearms instructor, NRA certified firearms instructor, and friend of mine an "anonymous jerkweed."

The original military guns were made by true craftsmen and had each part properly fitted. They were fantastic weapons with much looser tolerances than modern 1911's that are made by machines. Thats why the original ones would rattle when you shook them.

I really think you are letting your love for the platform cloud your judgment. Look at my avatar. What do you see? My Colt series 70 MK IV. Its a great gun, but it is definitely not me what I would grab if my life depended on it. And

I would be happy to dunk my P30 in whatever you want. Would you like to throw it 7 yds down range into a mud puddle first? Because I've already done both of these with this gun, so I could save you the time, it ran another 200 rounds that day ( the rest of the ammo I had) flawlessly. So please let me know when this meet and greet will occur.

Will you be throwing your gun in the muck or just gingerly placing it?

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011

As I posted in another thread, we are going to have a put up or shut up test at a future MD Shooters get together. I'll shove one of my 1911s in a bucket of mud, sand, or whatever, and I'll shoot the shit out of it afterwards. What do you have to bring you are willing to throw in the bucket?

This has been done many times with most modern polymer pistols. Google Glock torture test and prepare to be amazed. I understand you like 1911's, but you don't need to be ignorant about how good modern pistols are.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure my modern, 17 round capacity handguns would destroy your 1911 in a mud eating contest.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    hey trbon8r, come down. i mean im on your side in this matter, but the glock guy's attitudes are starting to wear off on you. your behavior is not befitting of a 1911 owner like you. sure, some of these people are just popping up to raise there round count, but you and i both know that they swear allegiance to there gun just as we do ours. i think the glock is a very functional gun, but so is the 1911. i think both could fit the armys bill, and it comes down to personal preference. im sure that the marines will pick a suitable gun.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    That is a bad, bad idea. The 1911 is many things, but it is not the best combat handgun in the world, which is what our men should have.

Nothing against the 1911 -- in fact I own a couple of them -- but it falls short of more modern guns in reliability, ease of use, ease of cleaning, ease of maintaining, firepower and durability. Yes, some 1911's have great triggers, but you can put a great trigger on anything.

To be clear, I am not saying that the M9 is the best, only that the 1911 most certainly is not.

[HT4 dons his flamesuit]

Not talking about this other 1911 designed product, Ford Model T. Maybe the Marines might want to reconsider it as a troop carrier, or scout vehicle. :)
    Oh, I'm also told the 9mm bullet is older. This 9mm v 45 debate will likely go on forever. Can beatem' so I decided to join'em. :)

FordModelT1911Line-Upad.jpg

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Wow you are one classy guy. Calling a decorated Marine, military firearms instructor, NRA certified firearms instructor, and friend of mine an "anonymous jerkweed."

The original military guns were made by true craftsmen and had each part properly fitted. They were fantastic weapons with much looser tolerances than modern 1911's that are made by machines. Thats why the original ones would rattle when you shook them.

I really think you are letting your love for the platform cloud your judgment. Look at my avatar. What do you see? My Colt series 70 MK IV. Its a great gun, but it is definitely not me what I would grab if my life depended on it. And

I would be happy to dunk my P30 in whatever you want. Would you like to throw it 7 yds down range into a mud puddle first? Because I've already done both of these with this gun, so I could save you the time, it ran another 200 rounds that day ( the rest of the ammo I had) flawlessly. So please let me know when this meet and greet will occur.

Will you be throwing your gun in the muck or just gingerly placing it?

Excellent! We finally have someone to put up, assuming you show up. Thrown, dunked, doesn't much matter to me. :innocent0

Your 1911 loose/rattle to be reliable stories tell me you are a 1911 neophyte and just repeat what you hear on the internet.

Your friend may be a certified badass, or he might be a figment of your imagination. On the internet everyone's a Navy Seal. :rolleyes:

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    This has been done many times with most modern polymer pistols. Google Glock torture test and prepare to be amazed. I understand you like 1911's, but you don't need to be ignorant about how good modern pistols are.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure my modern, 17 round capacity handguns would destroy your 1911 in a mud eating contest.

Yeah and the test was done with 1911s a hundred years ago, which is my point. The plastic fantastic enthusiasts have bought into their own hype and think nothing else can be as reliable.

Good, we have another competitor! Bring your Glock on down and we will have a test, or does "pretty sure" mean you want to talk smack on the board but won't actually bring it out for a test?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Silence...............:lol2:

It's funny how so many people talk smack about 1911s, but no one wants to do a straight up head to head reliability test in the mud and muck. I thought 1911s were so fragile and unreliable that it would be better to throw them at an enemy than to try and shoot them. :lol2:

Sorry if I did not reply fast enough for you. :rolleyes:

1 - This is a red herring. One afternoon proves nothing. Weapon reliability is measured over tens or hundreds of thousands of rounds. One afternoon of dick measuring proves nothing. I will not be participating regardless of how many additional times you question my manhood. If you want to dump sand into one of your 1911s and let us know what happens, feel free to do so without me.

2 - I never said the 1911 was fragile or unreliable -- I'mnot sure where you got that. It's just less reliable than modern designs. That should not be a controversial statement. If you think it is, please cite an authoritative source. You cite the 6,000 round bucket brigade tests (no doubt an impressive feat 100 years ago), but don't mention that the mean time between failures was required to be a minimum of 250 rounds... and several of the test 1911's did not pass.

3 - You still have not answered the question of why the 1911 is the best combat handgun in the world -- that's the issue in this thread. I'd love to hear what you have to say, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom