• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Description and time frame of incident. I am curious as to who "Huff and puff." would have been. Honestly I never saw one of our people chase a dollar out the door.

Are you trying to say Sandy was the best person for person to person sales?

And yes, I bought a CZ-75B and had a BHP and a FAL receiver transferred through Valley.

The staff at Valley had a better people skills than Sandy.

I still am mad at myself for not getting a S&W M-28 they had in their case for $350.

As for issues at Continental, I have never had them myself.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Description and time frame of incident. I am curious as to who "Huff and puff." would have been. Honestly I never saw one of our people chase a dollar out the door.

time frame was in 98-99 it was in the evening . employee was an older guy ...... as far as continental never had an issue there

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Oh! I worked at Valley Gun for over thirty years and must have missed the bad feelings in our customers. I kept seeing alot of the same people again and again even selling to their other family members. I guess they were just glutons for punishment.

More than enough members here have a lot of first hand experience with Valley, Mel and Sandy so don't try to blow sunshine up anybody's skirt.

Regulars and friends got treated well, especially if Sandy was in a good mood or campaigning for NRA board votes which is how I got a sweet deal on a Heston Celebrity Shoot S&W 617 and CHCS skeet/trap vest.

Valley's reputation was well earned and unfortunately very true in most cases.

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    I will never defend Sandy's person skills. I will say if it was not for his toughness with various agencies, many firearms that are available in Maryland would most likely not be available. Over 50 years in the business, something was being done right. As far as my feelings being hurt, I was in the gun business most of my life. I have no feelings. I will also say, at times when many firearms were unavailable from normal circles, we would find them for customers. No gun shop in Maryland ever had the amount of stock in guns,
    hard to find ammo. or parts that Valley had.
    We had some of the most Knowledgable employees that we could find..We were also fighting a constant battle against some of the owners, to work better with the customers. It was a losing battle. I am amazed at the general lack of merchandise most shops carry today. I am also amazed at some of the bad information given out by shops. We used to attend meetings and training sessions with other shops and agencies just to be able to make proper information available.
    Yeah, we had some goofs at the shop but, you could always find someone elst to help you.
    I have said my piece. I move on.

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I have always been treated well at Just Guns, including by the one guy that many of you criticize. Nonetheless, I recently referred a good friend to Gun Connection (Dan) -- he was treated extremely well and purchased a consigned 308 on the spot. He's really happy with his purchase. Dan and his gang are, and have always been, top notch!

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Valley Guns was the worst gun shop on the planet...Unless you were LEO and wanted a Glock.... They treated everyone like shit and I threw a Party when they closed the doors on the azzhole.

They treated me like crap because I wanted a SigSauer P229 and they talked to me like I was stupid unless I bought a Glock 17..... All jack asses each and every one of them. :lol2: I'm sure they probably had a rough time getting jobs other than being cops with the shitty attitude and Know it all demeanor. :rolleyes:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    As I have said in other threads, or even this thread...(i'm not going back to look), my experienced there were neither good nor bad. I bought three guns from them. Went in, saw what I wanted, paid for it and left. No small talk, no palsy walsy attiude. Saw what I wanted, got it and went home. Thanked whoever it was that sold it to me and that was it. Oh, yeah, I pet the dog once or twice.

Never bought a handgun from them, looked at a couple though. It's what I expect from any other store. If I know what I want, leave me alone until I'm ready to give you money. That is what they did.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    There are other places in the neighborhood to purchase firearms with much nicer people working at them. The Christian Soldier and Gun Connection just to name a few. While were on this subject I think some of the guys at Continental are :asshat:s as well. Especially that Weird Al Yankovic looking idiot who goes out of his way to see if your taking head shots at the silhouettes.

I will never buy a firearm from Just Guns (stupid name) or Continental because of the ignorant pieces of O'malley they have working for them.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    There are other places in the neighborhood to purchase firearms with much nicer people working at them. The Christian Soldier and Gun Connection just to name a few. While were on this subject I think some of the guys at Continental are :asshat:s as well. Especially that Weird Al Yankovic looking idiot who goes out of his way to see if your taking head shots at the silhouettes.

I will never buy a firearm from Just Guns (stupid name) or Continental because of the ignorant pieces of O'malley they have working for them.

The Wierd Al looking guy is actually very knowledgable and a nice guy, and he has every right to monitor your use of range equipment that he is responsible for maintaining because if you or someone else did snap one of his cables or damage a target hanger with a stray round I am sure he would be in hot water not you.

Unit3960

Feb 11, 2011
    Harford Co. MD
    Have nto been there yet. I'll have to check them out and make my own assumptions. Hope the law enforcement vest guy is there. It seem she is worth the trip to go see LOL

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The Wierd Al looking guy is actually very knowledgable and a nice guy, and he has every right to monitor your use of range equipment that he is responsible for maintaining because if you or someone else did snap one of his cables or damage a target hanger with a stray round I am sure he would be in hot water not you.

How about they just impose a rule. If you want to partake in head shots and you break a cable then you have to pay for it. What pissed me off the most was that he wasn't even working that day. He stopped in and was talking to another guy that worked there but he couldn't help himself from walking into the range to look over my shoulder since he has some personal vendetta against me.

A while back myself and 3 buddy's were in there shooting and since we all got there at different times we were split apart by a couple of lanes. After we got done shooting I started collecting all of our brass and he came charging into the range YELLING at me about picking up the brass trying to tell me I had no right. I asked him who the hell he thought he was telling me I couldn't pick up brass from ammunition that ME and my friends bought with OUR money. After which he asked us what we were shooting and he actually stood there for 5 minutes watching me pick up brass.

I try my hardest not to step foot in there but every now and then I meet my wife for lunch (she works right around the corner from Continental) I will stop in to pop off a couple rounds. FreeState can't come soon enough:D:D

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I got to agree with the bad service from valley gun. I spent many a dollar with them when they had the outdoor gear type store next to the gun shop.

Then when I wanted to give hunting a try many many years ago. My friends told me I needed a pump shot gun with two barrels. So I went to Valley gun after the great service from the Outdoor Gear shop they had given me.

I told the guy behind the counter what I needed and what I wanted it for. Now this the late 80's/early 90's. The employee put a brand new Browning shotgun in my hands with a $800.00+ price tag. That's a lot of money for a beginner shot gun for some one that wants to try shooting and hunting.

Stopped in Belair Gun and Pawn and he showed me a New Mossburg 500 at a third of the price. Then he went a step further and showed me a nice clean used mossburg for even less money. Well I filled out the paper work that night for my first gun.

That cheap used gun at a quarter of the price not only got me hooked on hunting it also got me hooked on shooting. I have bought guns and extras from all the gun shops up and down Harford road but never went back to Valley after my first attempt to buy my first gun from them. Today I could not tell you what I have collected over the years. I do know that Valley never sold me a firearm.

LARRY

Feb 28, 2011
    I walked in awhile back and asked about transfers,the guy was shaking his head no before i even finished my question. had made comments about should buy a tantal, he could put a round in your head type of attitude at 100 yds, ASSCLOWN, I'm not planning on going back, and walked right passed there table at the Putty hill show. I'll stick with Christian Soldier, Bought 3 from him and he has done 3 transfers.
    I bet your referring to Jeff, He knows his stuff and he really is a good guy just got to get to know him. But he definitely suffers from little guy syndrome. Sorry jeff lol

LARRY

Feb 28, 2011
    Are you trying to say Sandy was the best person for person to person sales?

And yes, I bought a CZ-75B and had a BHP and a FAL receiver transferred through Valley.

The staff at Valley had a better people skills than Sandy.

I still am mad at myself for not getting a S&W M-28 they had in their case for $350.

As for issues at Continental, I have never had them myself.
    I had a bad experience with continental arms as do many, unfriendly,arrogant especially that balding long haired jerk that forced the wrong adjustable rear sight on my $1,000 hk
    I would go back to the sling shot days before Id ever buy anything from them again!!
    FLEE FROM THE EVIL ONE'S

LARRY

Feb 28, 2011
    Valley Guns was the worst gun shop on the planet...Unless you were LEO and wanted a Glock.... They treated everyone like shit and I threw a Party when they closed the doors on the azzhole.

They treated me like crap because I wanted a SigSauer P229 and they talked to me like I was stupid unless I bought a Glock 17..... All jack asses each and every one of them. :lol2: I'm sure they probably had a rough time getting jobs other than being cops with the shitty attitude and Know it all demeanor. :rolleyes:
    WOW! I guess its safe to say you won't be going back there! Christian Soldier gun shop is good as long as you can deal with his crazy hours.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    How about they just impose a rule. If you want to partake in head shots and you break a cable then you have to pay for it.

That used to be the rule (years ago), but whenever someone broke a cable, they would *swear* on their mother's grave they didn't do it, and argue about paying for the cable (at the time, I think it was $35); I witnessed this a few times when I was a member. Also keep in mind, even if you break a cable and pay the fee, that lane is now down, and no longer making them money for that day.

I rarely go to Continental much, anymore, but understand why they watch people with hawk-eyes. Any place that rents guns is inviting every yahoo with a finger and $5 to come be a nuisance.

I was just in there 2 weekends ago (first time in a few months), and was put in the stall right next to a blind octogenarian and his older wife. Watching them shooting and overhearing the discussion, I was concerned enough to gather up my stuff and leave.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I had a bad experience with continental arms as do many, unfriendly,arrogant especially that balding long haired jerk that forced the wrong adjustable rear sight on my $1,000 hk
    I would go back to the sling shot days before Id ever buy anything from them again!!
    FLEE FROM THE EVIL ONE'S

Wow, that's a lot of money to hand over to a blacksmith like that. Didn't you get a chance to see the sight that was going on? I've always had half the mind if I'm going to let a retard do something for me, I'll just do it myself.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    I got to agree with the bad service from valley gun. I spent many a dollar with them when they had the outdoor gear type store next to the gun shop.

My history with Valley goes back to when they were located next to Gino's in Towson 38 years ago. The few times I did go in during those years were unpleasant. I found that The Gun Shop and Walters were the two best places to go.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    That used to be the rule (years ago), but whenever someone broke a cable, they would *swear* on their mother's grave they didn't do it, and argue about paying for the cable (at the time, I think it was $35); I witnessed this a few times when I was a member. Also keep in mind, even if you break a cable and pay the fee, that lane is now down, and no longer making them money for that day.

I rarely go to Continental much, anymore, but understand why they watch people with hawk-eyes. Any place that rents guns is inviting every yahoo with a finger and $5 to come be a nuisance.

I was just in there 2 weekends ago (first time in a few months), and was put in the stall right next to a blind octogenarian and his older wife. Watching them shooting and overhearing the discussion, I was concerned enough to gather up my stuff and leave.

Yea, your right, I can see people arguing about paying the fee for the cable. I have never seen all of there lanes filled so I don't think one lane would hurt them for the day. I also agree that anyone who rents firearms should be watched like a hawk. I've seen quite a few people in there that I sure as hell wouldn't have rented a firearm too. I on the other hand always bring my own firearms in and most of them in there know that I am no amateur since I used to shoot there when I was a police officer. Just because I switched and became a firefighter doesn't mean I am wreckless with everything now:D. I will tell you why Weird Al watches me like a hawk. It's because I had it out with him one day over picking up mine and my friends brass. He actually stood there and watched me for 5 minutes making sure I only picked up the brass that we shot. Since then, it seems like he is always watching me with a evil eye as I pick up the brass that I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom