• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    I dropped by Scott's Gunsmithing to get a rifle that I could use to continue my kid's firearm education. We decided on a black Savage Rascal.

The transaction was terrific. The salesman was helpful, courteous, and kind. They treated my daughter with respect and were very kind without being condescending. They helped her with the rifle and talked her through using the sights and working the bolt. While we waited for the paperwork, they even brought out the dog and let her give it treats and showed her the tricks it could do. It was an overall fantastic experience and I will be returning next month to pick up the Canik TP9 and maybe the used Marlin I saw in the case. I think I found my regular shop. It was an easy, hassle-free experience.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good feedback. I agree. There are sincerely nice folks working in that store. Even Scott, who pretends to be gruff sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    )
    I dropped by Scott's Gunsmithing to get a rifle that I could use to continue my kid's firearm education. We decided on a black Savage Rascal.

The transaction was terrific. The salesman was helpful, courteous, and kind. They treated my daughter with respect and were very kind without being condescending. They helped her with the rifle and talked her through using the sights and working the bolt. While we waited for the paperwork, they even brought out the dog and let her give it treats and showed her the tricks it could do. It was an overall fantastic experience and I will be returning next month to pick up the Canik TP9 and maybe the used Marlin I saw in the case. I think I found my regular shop. It was an easy, hassle-free experience.

I'm glad your experience was a good one! I guess since it's Saturday you dealt with Larry Colvin...although when it's busy, anyone there might come to the counter. All are good people. Sorry I missed meeting you...maybe next time! I usually work Tuesday and Wednesday.

We don't carry the Cricket you mentioned in the other thread because they fairly often have issues. But that Savage seems pretty sweet for a youth 22. Even has the accutrigger like the bigger Savage guns.

Colt is a pretty good dog, isn't he? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom