• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    yes, i decided not to renew with MDS. I appreciate everyone's support from here. If you google my name, you'll see that I am dealing with some stuff from my full time job. Im still around, though.

Hope all goes well Joe. After reading the articles, you deserve a damn medal, not the ******** you got.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I made a trip today that I wouldn't have if I had not seen something posted by an IP. If I see something I'm interested in, I'll go out of my way, even if I have never been to their shop before.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    There's this thing called a phone......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a605a947eec1bb84c10b9e72808397dd6334f37bccc21681c67c4f8345ef4b71.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Stay strong Joe !!! :mad54:

Damn straight.

Likely saved someone from being murdered in broad daylight. Even though it's still "pending investigation". I'd like to say,.... two less killers on the streets of Baltimore due to the bravery of these men.

:thumbsup:

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    There's this thing called a phone......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, thanks! I didn't realize that.
    1.I was merely checking the communication options and conveying for informational purposes.
    2. it is sometimes beneficial to have some things in written format for reference. We had pm'd back and forth prior to hunting season, when my Saturdays are dedicated, so I wanted to follow up now that I have more time available to take care of it.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Yeah I was just taking a look around and I noticed my favorite shop is gone too. The Bank Gun and Pawn. I hope they are still open, I have business that needs to be done. Disappointing they decided to leave here. I'll let them know...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The cost of being an I.P. on MDS is a VERY good bargain if utilized properly. I owe the audience I have reached to MDS, I could not have done it without the good people here.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I will be stopping in at TomKat this week or next. I will mention it.

I talked to them at the Chantilly show last week and they said that they tried to renew several times and their emails were not returned from the new site operator.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Odd I emailed all IP's current and past. That was done 2 times over a month long period.

Then I sent PM's to them as well at least 3 times. As well a mod sent out emails just in case.

Not sure how many more times we should contact folks. Most the IP's taken down have not been here in some time to post in their forum not to mention they would never return emails or PM's. For the folks still supporting the site this really clogged up the IP area. Now it's cleaned up and running well.

Considering the traffic this site gets, the cost, which has not changed, it is a total bargain :) Have them send me a PM if they like.They may want to login and check their PM's here or check their emails as well.

I talked to them at the Chantilly show last week and they said that they tried to renew several times and their emails were not returned from the new site operator.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm not a business owner. So I don't even know enough to know how much I don't know about running a business.
    I also don't know how much becoming an IP costs. But seems to me if it's a few hundred bucks($300+/-) a year, that's probably an OK expenditure out of my advertising budget for pretty much the largest captive audience in the state of Maryland.

Exactly this, it's a no brainer. I pay $300 a year just for the privilege of sending in my personal property tax forms for my business. I can't imagine how much traffic places like 2A generate by their presence here.

If this was a foodservice equipment forum I'd be all over the IP thing. ;)

Speaking of missing IP's, I still want to know the story behind Estate Brokers Pawn Shop (I think that was the name). I bought a Mauser from them when I started frequenting the area and shortly after they disappeared like a fart in thin air.

Also I would like to know why SelectFire and it's excellent customer service team hasn't become an IP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom