• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Just ran across this (taken from ar15news) and think these look pretty sweet. He brings up a good point, the small one looks like a pretty sweet hand stop. What do you guys think?

utasu9uv.jpg

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I'll save my final thoughts when I see them mounted onto a rifle but my initial thoughts think they look like crap. Fortis is trying to appeal to the tacticool crowd with these grips.

I can't wait to see their item description on these things. Bet they say that they shaved off unnecessary weight by removing the material from the middle.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Looks like a nice ramp to smash my finger on a barricade.

I actually really like vert grips. I don't know if I would like it laid back that much.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Interesting. I need to feel one before I make up my mind, but my initial response is positive. It looks like it would feel good in my hand.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Saw one mounted on a Fortis rail today. My final thoughts..... It looks worse mounted than it does on its own.

Seems as if Fortis is determined to making things as light weight as possible. I'm sure they're kicking themselves in the ass for not thinking about using a Magnesium Alloy/Aluminum Alloy mixture like the new BCM rails.

It's all fun and games until you remove enough material and structurally weaken the product.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    It's nice to see them make stuff like this, Magpul is so ubiquitous somebody else needs to step up to the plate:thumbsup:

I agree with the whole Magpul thing but there are plenty of other high quality VFG's on the market.

Personally, I just found my favorite VFG from one of my favorite companies. I use VFG's as hand stops and the one I posted below is the most comfortable I've used. I used it on a friends rifle and will be swapping all my VFG's to these. The slight angle makes a huge difference.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=2760

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom