• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ok, I looked through he other thread briefly and got lost but what's the process after the waiting period for a transfer done at an MSP barrack. Do both the buyer and seller get the email to proceed? what needs to be done in the portal with the application, who completes the rest of the info needed after the buyer takes possession of the firearm?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My guess and this is only a guess, the buyer and seller would have to go to the barracks to complete the transfer. Just substitute barracks for dealer in the instructions.

Again, this is only a guess.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    You both get an email. You give the buyer the firearm. You open the link in the email and enter the date you gave the buyer the firearm. That's it, you're done.

TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    You both get an email. You give the buyer the firearm. You open the link in the email and enter the date you gave the buyer the firearm. That's it, you're done.

Email? I have done several transfers in the last six months and neither buyer or seller received an email.

Never mind, must be the new online system and that's awesome.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Email? I have done several transfers in the last six months and neither buyer or seller received an email.

Never mind, must be the new online system and that's awesome.

How many have you done since Jan 1, 2017?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've done one since Jan. 1, we both got an email on the 8th day saying we were good to proceed. My email as buyer had nothing else to do.
    We did not meet back at the barracks, we met at a mutual midway point.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    What is the process at the barracks now for a private sale? Do they fill out the electronic form with bother buyer/seller information along with the firearms details or something?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What is the process at the barracks now for a private sale? Do they fill out the electronic form with bother buyer/seller information along with the firearms details or something?

How did you both electronically sign the form at the time of the transfer?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

I've done one since Jan. 1, we both got an email on the 8th day saying we were good to proceed. My email as buyer had nothing else to do.
    We did not meet back at the barracks, we met at a mutual midway point.

Thank you, I'm glad to get info from people who have actually done one under the new system and not try to guess at it.:thumbsup:

trex

May 8, 2012
    I have done several electronic transfers one with a dealer and the the others at the barrack since Jan 1. You sign the forms electronically when you fill out the buyer and seller portions prior to going to the barrack. Once at the barrack you give the Duty officer your application number and pin . He logs in and confirms all the information you have entered. He then examines the firearms and enters all the information. The handgun roster guns are already in the system so if it's listed in the sight you can transfer it. You then give him your credit or debit card for payment and that's it. You receive an email payment confirmation as you are standing there. After the waiting period is over you receive an email saying it's okay to transfer the firearms. After you transfer it you click a link in the email and put in the date you transferred it and the process is finished. You can log in and print out copies if you wish. To me it works much better and couldn't be easier.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I have done several electronic transfers one with a dealer and the the others at the barrack since Jan 1. You sign the forms electronically when you fill out the buyer and seller portions prior to going to the barrack. Once at the barrack you give the Duty officer your application number and pin . He logs in and confirms all the information you have entered. He then examines the firearms and enters all the information. The handgun roster guns are already in the system so if it's listed in the sight you can transfer it. You then give him your credit or debit card for payment and that's it. You receive an email payment confirmation as you are standing there. After the waiting period is over you receive an email saying it's okay to transfer the firearms. After you transfer it you click a link in the email and put in the date you transferred it and the process is finished. You can log in and print out copies if you wish. To me it works much better and couldn't be easier.

Thank you.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Thumbs up

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom