• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    http://www.capegazette.com/article/sussex-ramps-security-measures/143408

They are planning to install magnetometers in county admin buildings.

Officials are ramping up safety measures, with plans to soon install a magnetometer, or metal detector, to scan visitors for weapons.

I guess they have to do something "feel good".

A DE CDW allows for the conceal carry of knives so they should not be able to restrict them.

Restricted items would include weapons such as brass knuckles and knives – but not guns, yet. Council is expected to discuss and review a proposed ordinance to specifically restrict openly carried firearms in the county building at its upcoming meeting at 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 10.

“We are not allowed to restrict concealed carry,” Lawson said. “That's the law.”

In Delaware, any resident can openly carry firearms without a permit; Lawson said county officials are not authorized to restrict concealed carry.

Is this just to identify who has a weapon? What do you think?

DSC_4126.jpg

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    In PA, it's no big deal.

You hand the sheriff all of your "contraband", he gives you a number and secures your belonging in a box with the same number in your hand. On the way out, the process is reversed.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It's just a little odd that they have to let you keep your firearm but take your knives.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I think its pretty cool...in essence they are saying...no guns in a county building...that's standard just about everywhere now days.

But, if you're a CCW, lets us know before you walk through and scare the sh$T out of the security officers...they're not saying no CCW people, just don't walk into a magnetometer with a gun likes it's a little surprise.....

it also seems to me the current DE law doesn't allow them to not let anyone in with a gun.....but they may in the future.......again, I don't see the big whoop......government buildings usually don't let anyone with a gun unless they are ON DUTY LEO...

Makes sense to me.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I think its pretty cool...in essence they are saying...no guns in a county building...that's standard just about everywhere now days.

But, if you're a CCW, lets us know before you walk through and scare the sh$T out of the security officers...they're not saying no CCW people, just don't walk into a magnetometer with a gun likes it's a little surprise.....

it also seems to me the current DE law doesn't allow them to not let anyone in with a gun.....but they may in the future.......again, I don't see the big whoop......government buildings usually don't let anyone with a gun unless they are ON DUTY LEO...

Makes sense to me.

Maybe in MD, but no where near everywhere.

http://www.capegazette.com/article/sussex-county-moves-prohibit-firearms/143798

An ordinance to prohibit firearms in Sussex County buildings was introduced Oct. 10
    Councilman Sam Wilson questioned why the county was even bothering to prohibit firearms. :thumbsup:

“Is there a reason why we need to do this?” he asked. “Why should we spend all this extra money? For what? Do we find dangerous people coming in here with guns?”

Council President Michael Vincent said county employees are concerned about safety, prompting the security upgrades.

The ordinance to prohibit firearms, ammunition and explosives in county buildings requires an amendment to county code, Lawson said, and therefore requires a public hearing in front of council. No date has been set for the hearing.

I can't wait for this hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom