• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Hey guys who makes some good MOLLE battle belts? I'm using a Blackwater IO belt right now, but its too big for my waist and I have to use suspenders. They don't make them anymore so does anyone know another one I could switch to? It has to be decent...and not airsoft quality.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I use the HSGI, its great. I personally use a smaller 1.5 inch Ares belt inside. I like the 1.5 inch vs the larger inner belts.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Hey guys who makes some good MOLLE battle belts? I'm using a Blackwater IO belt right now, but its too big for my waist and I have to use suspenders. They don't make them anymore so does anyone know another one I could switch to? It has to be decent...and not airsoft quality.

I just bought and used a Blackhawk! belt. It's pretty stiff, and I was able to use my two 4x4 shotshell holders and a double rifle/pistol mag holder with no sagging and no suspenders. I'm going to try and find a MOLLE adapter for my holster. The small sized one fits my 40" belly. If you need smaller, they have an extra small version, too.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Bagman tactical (archangel on the forum) makes an awesome battle belt!

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia

HSGI makes great stuff and comes with a no BS lifetime guarantee. I will try and get a pic up of my rig when I get home from work travel.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    I have been running a Blue Force Gear SOC-C Modular Padded Belt System for about 2 years now. It's been a great belt for my uses (Carbine Classes etc.)

From the buckle going clockwise I have the following:
    - Tactical Tailor Fight Light Multi-Tool pouch carrying a Multi-Tasker II
    - BFG Ten Speed Doule Pistol Pouch, I use this for a hand held light and an extra pistol mag if needed. The pouch is very light and low profile so if neither is needed I don't even know its there.
    - Safariland 6280 w/ weapons mounted light on a single strap shroud hung on a DFA. I also use the Safariland MLS so I can move the holster to other belts.
    - BFG Trama Kit NOW filled with Austere Provisions IC3 kit. I also have a BFG Tourniquet NOW w/ CAT
    - EAG Dump Pouch
    - 2X ITW FastMag (need to paint them)
    - 2X HSGI Taco single pistol pouch
    - The inner belt is an Ares Gear Duty Belt, MIL. This is an awesome belt.

Belt1.jpg
    Belt2.jpg
    Belt3.jpg
    Belt4.jpg
    Belt5.jpg

When I need to have more then 2 rifle mags on me I also use a BFG Ten Speed Chest Rig

Chest.jpg

I just recently put together a Duty Belt setup for pistol classes, pistol comps., and the rare 3 gun I might shoot.

From the buckle going clockwise I have the following (As you can see it's setup very similar to my battle belt):
    - 1 California Comp shotshell caddy (used when using a shotgun)
    - Tactical Tailor double pistol pouch, I use this for a hand held light and an extra pistol mag if needed.
    - Safariland 6004 on a single strap shroud hung on a DFA. I also use the Safariland MLS so I can move the holster to other belts.
    - Esstac KYWI+ Single M4/Pistol Pouch
    - Eagle Duty Belt Triple mag pouch
    - 1 California Comp shotshell caddy (used when using a shotgun)
    - Belt is an ARES Gear Duty Belt, LE w/ a US Grunt Gear inner belt.

The ARES Gear belt is one of the stiffest belts I have ever seen.

D1.jpg
    D2.jpg

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Someone needs to develop a molle adapter that allows any paddle holster to be attached

Attaching a holster via a molle adpater to a molle belt wouldn't make for a very stable platform for a holster IMHO.

There are battle belts that allow you to weave the inner belt in and out of the battle belt to allow a belt mounted style holster. The VTAC Brokos belt is one. This would make more sense then attaching directly to the molle of a belt.

vtac-bb_belts.jpg

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Attaching a holster via a molle adpater to a molle belt wouldn't make for a very stable platform for a holster IMHO.

There are battle belts that allow you to weave the inner belt in and out of the battle belt to allow a belt mounted style holster. The VTAC Brokos belt is one. This would make more sense then attaching directly to the molle of a belt.

View attachment 55476

This is exactly how the bagman tactical belt works as well.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I need a padded belt that can hold a good amount of weight around my waist WITHOUT suspenders. That Blackwater one can do that. Are the other ones up to the task?

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I carry either my sig226 or g19 on the HSGI with 2 rifle and 2 pistol mags and a leatherman and I am going to add fixed blade soon. I want to try 3 rifle mags and 2 pistol but I am procrastinating because the TACOS are such a pain in the butt to take on and off :ohnoes:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I need a padded belt that can hold a good amount of weight around my waist WITHOUT suspenders. That Blackwater one can do that. Are the other ones up to the task?

All depends on how much weight and whether or not you have hips....

It's more you then the belt. :D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

The Blackhawk! one I have works without suspenders.

I wasn't directly commenting on you with that LOL... I'm just confused how a small is fitting a 40" waist... I want to see the XL size at that point :lol:

My boxers are Mediums and they're listed at 34-36 LOL

After seeing a bunch of the fatties at my 3-gun match, it's not surprising. I know of at least four guys who could easily require a 50"+ belt.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    The Blackhawk! one I have works without suspenders.

It just looks like the blackhawk one, as well a some others, is a belt inside of a not so firm/hard outer padded belt. The blackWATER one I have is very stiff.

Am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom