• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    "Wild Wild West" is code. It means not here, not now, as in not part of the world as they know it, and that gun ownership and carry is an outside and therefore outcast culture. We are supposed to be segregated out of their world. It's a statement of social conformity, to keep people ideologically in line: you're either someone who's in the right of mind, knowing what year it is and where you are and who you are, or you're a gun owner.

Hence someone stating in an article in the New York Times, that "I am a New Yorker.... playing with guns feels as out of place as wearing prairie dresses and engaging in plural marriage." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/nyregion/30critic.html

Keeping us out of their society is why the antis really fight so hard against us. There's nothing else that can explain why they do as they do as vigorously and ceaselessly as they do.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Originally Posted by DD214
    I received a nasty-gram from one of our local rags pointing to a specific thread which had an entire article cut and pasted, and I was ordered to remove the text and only post a link, as I was accused of infringing on their copyright.

At this point in my life, I have no desire to get sued for copyright infringement.

From now on, please only post snippets of articles, and make sure you have a link to the source. Please don't post more than about 1/3 of an article. Yes, that is an arbitrary number that is subject to change, but I figured that I would give it a shot and see if I get any more nasty-grams. Posting entire articles is only going to cause us (and especially me, as the site owner) grief.

Thank you!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    To prevent confusion,the old post should be deleted. I came across the old post first Mods can you help? This was confusing.

never mind , PM'd DD

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you quote something and give credit to the person who wrote it, you are not stealing it.

The forum rules are clear. No quotation of copyrighted material at all.

We can not afford to be jacked up by these shyster attorneys who are suing forums like this solely to see what they can get out of us.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    The forum rules are clear. No quotation of copyrighted material at all.

We can not afford to be jacked up by these shyster attorneys who are suing forums like this solely to see what they can get out of us.

Yes sir, if those are the forum rules. I was only speaking of what I believe is the law.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The view about gun owners being backwoods hicks that would have no place in New York society is EXACTLY why some of us get furious when people show up to gun ralleys decked out in cammo, or try to wear cammo to the state house.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Counter sue them for malicious lawsuit, which it is. They will lose.
    The view about gun owners being backwoods hicks that would have no place in New York society is EXACTLY why some of us get furious when people show up to gun ralleys decked out in cammo, or try to wear cammo to the state house.
    It's why I get furious when people on our own side represent/identify our cause as "Sportsmen's rights" and sit idly by or even agree with politicians spouting the "I support hunting" line rather than tearing them to pieces for it. Our main rally this year so far in Albany was called "Sportsmen's Lobby Day"--didn't have to wear camo, it was already in the message. It's proudly sitting in the back of the bus.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    DD and Mods, thanks for culling the old posts and having only the newest policy in the Copyright rules for posting.

Much clearer. (to me anyway)

thanks again for all you do putting up with us dunderheads,

:lol2:

Warrior

Mar 7, 2011
    Cecil County
    What I have been working toward

I have been active in supporting right to carry canidates who are in control in my county. Now it is time to push this fight to Annapolis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom