• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Took 2 to the range today with a g43. Feh. Both failed with every load. Failure to feed, failure to eject and dropped mag. Some rds jammed nose first intomthe feed ramp. Ran through them steel case Winchester, privi p brass case fmj and golden saber 124 gr +p. I have read good and bad about these, but these are all in the bad column for a carry piece.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I think the general opinion is ETS are a range mag. I have two 15rnd ones for my 80% pistol. Never had an issue with them. If I could CC, I would never use them in that role.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Zorros I recommend a MagGuts spring and a GeePlate for the 43 to give you 7+1 plus a much better hold. For backups I like the Vickers +2. If you ever want to meet up at the range I’ll be happy to bring it so you can try out my setup, I try to go at least 1x a week.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Anybody tried the taran tactical mag extensions for the 43? A buddy recommended them, but as an after market part for a carry gun I was hoping to get a couple more thumbs ups before buying some.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    mags

I wouldn’t even use them at the range, not worth the frustration.

This! tried some in one of my G26s and had lots of issues. Glock mags have worked in my comp guns for years with no issues and I never open them to clean. Worth the money IMHO. Over 20k rounds in the glocks. Just like the guns they work everytime.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    mags

Anybody tried the taran tactical mag extensions for the 43? A buddy recommended them, but as an after market part for a carry gun I was hoping to get a couple more thumbs ups before buying some.

I use them in my personal carry gun and have had zero problem except for the fact that you have to move your pinky for emergency mag changes. These are very high quality extentions, they look and feel great however I am going to the G43X because the extended grip eliminates this issue. Don't like the two tone so I will probably paint the slide on the 43X.

On another note we had 4 instructors at the range and decided to test felt recoil having each instructor shoot five rounds in each gun. The firearms in the mix was a Kahr pm9, a M&P shield, a sig p365, and my g43. Everyone of them decided that the g43 had the less felt rocoil. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. Just didn't want to start one.

Last edited:

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Zorros I recommend a MagGuts spring and a GeePlate for the 43 to give you 7+1 plus a much better hold. For backups I like the Vickers +2. If you ever want to meet up at the range I’ll be happy to bring it so you can try out my setup, I try to go at least 1x a week.

AJ, thanks for the offer. I will give you some advance notice when i can go and we will meet up. I am of the mind to keep after market pieces that affect function off a carry piece. We went to your favorite shop to buy a 48, 43x or p365 for wife to replace her 43 but were told we might give these a try. Think wife will get the higher cap gun. Who can resist a new gun opportunity?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    AJ, thanks for the offer. I will give you some advance notice when i can go and we will meet up. I am of the mind to keep after market pieces that affect function off a carry piece. We went to your favorite shop to buy a 48, 43x or p365 for wife to replace her 43 but were told we might give these a try. Think wife will get the higher cap gun. Who can resist a new gun opportunity?

Honestly of those 3 I’d pick the 365. A bit more felt recoil than the 43 but not enough to negate the 12+1 capacity.

Glock could have introduced the 48/43x with a 10 round plus develop a +2 extension to at least compete with Sig....

At the end of the day, even as big as I am, the smaller the better, heck I could carry my 20C around but I want the shortest slide/grip combination and I think the 42/43 or the 365 all meet those criteria.

In regards to new opportunities I’m limiting myself to only Gen2 Glock C models now ;)

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Honestly of those 3 I’d pick the 365. A bit more felt recoil than the 43 but not enough to negate the 12+1 capacity.

Glock could have introduced the 48/43x with a 10 round plus develop a +2 extension to at least compete with Sig....

At the end of the day, even as big as I am, the smaller the better, heck I could carry my 20C around but I want the shortest slide/grip combination and I think the 42/43 or the 365 all meet those criteria.

In regards to new opportunities I’m limiting myself to only Gen2 Glock C models now ;)

I liked the feel of the 48/43x. But its for the wife. She can dump 7rds from her glock on a steel torso at 10 yds as fast as she can pull the trigger. And she gets blue label pricing on the glocks. A little extra size is little matter. PS. I have an early G27. From about 1998. What gen is that? 2.5?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    There were batches of ETS mags with bad springs. ETS has been good about sending replacement springs o people that contact them with problems. Give them a call.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I use them in my personal carry gun and have had zero problem except for the fact that you have to move your pinky for emergency mag changes. These are very high quality extentions, they look and feel great however I am going to the G43X because the extended grip eliminates this issue. Don't like the two tone so I will probably paint the slide on the 43X.

GlockStore.com offers the 43X with a black slide, not sure what the finish is but it appears to be a coated factory slide and not a modified 43 slide.

https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-43X-9mm?quantity=1&color=1&custcol9=93

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    And to really add frosting, the ETS idiot web site is one that after 5 minute effort to fill out and explain the problem, provide address, blood type and wife’s grandmother’s maiden name so as to contact them, requires a moron match code that does not work. Product fails, web site fails. Fustration. Dealer will take them back, but i thought i would try a resolution with ETS. I must be losing my patience in old age.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I bought 2 ETS and 2 Glock 30 round mags for my PCC. Both worked for over a year. Then I started having rounds jam in the mag tube of the ETS mags. Bought 2 more Glock mags. Problem solved.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I liked the feel of the 48/43x. But its for the wife. She can dump 7rds from her glock on a steel torso at 10 yds as fast as she can pull the trigger. And she gets blue label pricing on the glocks. A little extra size is little matter. PS. I have an early G27. From about 1998. What gen is that? 2.5?

If the fiber grooves are smooth its a 2.5, checkered would be 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom