MSP: FIREARM PURCHASE APPLICANTS WITH APPLICATIONS PENDING ON OCT 1 WON'T NEED HQL

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Delegatemike.com still has the MSP letter up on his site even though MSP site is down.

The original MSP Press Release from today, is also on this site in my locked thread. As well as the original scree grab on my work computer.

To AGC, I did not mean to step on your toes earlier as I forgot you guys cross post the press releases.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    MSP: FIREARM PURCHASE APPLICANTS WITH APPLICATIONS PENDING ON OCT 1 WON'T NEE...

Hmm, story says ~ more than 40 state employees were enlisted to enter data. I saw the number 200 floating around somewhere. I guess technically 200 is greater than 40...

It also says

The department also deployed a new team of two dozen data-entry workers to help address the backlog, which has left gun purchasers waiting for months.

This worries me.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Buying tomorrow, planned on getting the HQL, now I may end up with another before needing it.

This confusion and backpedaling is a good thing.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    This is the MDSP's second decision of questionable legality this month.

Doesn't this support the claim that their opinion on an individual's G&S is suspect?

Now this ^ is a very interesting point

Sorry, I don't mean to go off topic

Last edited:

CJWalker

Aug 18, 2010
    Carroll County
    Funny how the AG says one thing, and MSP says another lol. I sent an email to the LD a few months ago and I was told by the responding Trooper that I should be good to go without the HQL on pre-October 1st purchases received post October 1st. This was of course before the AG letter...

Tempted into buying MORE haha

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    No this ^ is a very interesting point

Sorry, I don't mean to go off topic

You mean that actions by MD executive entities are arbitrary, not consistent with the law, and primarily focused on political expediency? Or when a state AG argues in court that open carry of long guns is not restricted, he should still be considered credible? They are digging a very big hole these days which has in part been precipitated by the rush to pass this incoherent legislative tripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    You mean that actions by MD executive entities are arbitrary, not consistent with the law, and primarily focused on political expediency? Or when a state AG argues in court that open carry of long guns is not restricted, he should still be considered credible? They are digging a very big hole these days which has in part been precipitated by the rush to pass this incoherent legislative tripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to both. The inconsistencies are beyond believable. And I like your use of the word "tripe". Very fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom