• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Good example of seeking relief in the courts for a law that doesn't define standards: my arrest at the NRA.

There is a LAW against crossing a police line without authorization. When I stepped across the yellow tape, my “crime” was seen by multiple officers, and was recorded on video.

I won an acquittal in court because the judge ruled the VA law setting up “police lines/barricades” contains vague language (sound familiar?) as to whether the police line I crossed was LEGALLY established.

We can WIN these fights against our political enemies! I won thanks to commited donors here.

It takes smart guys like MSI’s Mark Pennak and attorney Cary Hansel, but we MUST do our part.

Is your donation to fight these battles going to be in the MSI mailbox soon? I know mine will! (h/t Social Security Admin)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If you post on MDS, the man knows about you.

The Man should be capitalized because some of the best NSA analysts I know are women. Also all my tax stamps are signed by the same woman. :tinfoil:

I realize that but if I send a letter asking for approval for some unnamed stuff, I’d like to know if there is any chance that the ATF stops by to have a look to answer my question.

I’m law abiding but that would be frightening and inconvenient to say the least. I’d hire a lawyer for sure.

See above. If they were that interested they would have followed up on on the emails they got requesting authorization. Or simply tracked you down based on MDS postings.

Like most things, this will simply be a tack-on charge when they want to get you for something else.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What database will ATF create with these letters? What will it do with it?

What database will MD create once it gets its hands on the ATF data? What will it do with it?

Isn't this de facto universal firearms owner registration, by another name?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What database will ATF create with these letters? What will it do with it?

What database will MD create once it gets its hands on the ATF data? What will it do with it?

Isn't this de facto universal firearms owner registration, by another name?

Let's not kid ourselves.

MSP registration of handguns in MD is defacto firearms registration.

The only way to avoid being on a firearms owner's list is to move to another state that doesn't track you.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Let's not kid ourselves.

MSP registration of handguns in MD is defacto firearms registration.

Yeah, but handguns aren't the target. Its being reported that this broad net captures everyone who even uses gun oil, right? What firearm doesn't use gun oil?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yeah, but handguns aren't the target. Its being reported that this broad net captures everyone who even uses gun oil, right? What firearm doesn't use gun oil?

Let's not kid ourselves, Part 2:

It is almost certain that the only Marylanders sending in letters will be MDS and MSI members. The Man already knows about us, yes indeed.

As we have seen, we are only a fraction of Maryland handgun and rifle owners.

And then there's this: Bump Fire stocks and specialized triggers are yet another subset of the subset of MDS firearm owners. When we ALL agree to send the letter in, it acts to make any Door Kick-in List unmanageable.

Courage fellow 2A Patriots. There is strength in numbers!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have spread this story/message to a some casual acquaintances who hunt. First (entirely predictable) reaction: this is obviously BS, can't be real (the law as written, or the prescribed action to take). Second, delayed reaction: "Holy Sh!t, how come nobody said anything about this? Who writes a law like this?" Yup. This will be news to almost everyone outside of the hyper-tuned-in types like us who obsess about such things.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Let's not kid ourselves, Part 2:

It is almost certain that the only Marylanders sending in letters will be MDS and MSI members. The Man already knows about us, yes indeed.

As we have seen, we are only a fraction of MD handgun and rifle owners.

... creating virtually an entire class of citizens, firearms owners, instant criminals eligible for lifetime loss of their 2A rights, to the degree the ruling class decides to implement it. Boiling the frog takes on a new dimension.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ... creating virtually an entire class of citizens, firearms owners, instant criminals eligible for lifetime loss of their 2A rights, to the degree the ruling class decides to implement it. Boiling the frog takes on a new dimension.

Now you are getting into the Molon Labe thing....

Find the James Wesley, Rawles essay on "Come And Take It".

Here ya go:

https://survivalblog.com/mathematics-countering-tyranny/

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have spread this story/message to a some casual acquaintances who hunt. First (entirely predictable) reaction: this is obviously BS, can't be real (the law as written, or the prescribed action to take). Second, delayed reaction: "Holy Sh!t, how come nobody said anything about this? Who writes a law like this?" Yup. This will be news to almost everyone outside of the hyper-tuned-in types like us who obsess about such things.

WCBM and WBAL refused to discuss these bills when they were being written and argued. They, all the powers that be, didn't want any of this disseminated amongst the unwashed masses.

An unlucky bloke or twenty will have rude awakenings in the very near future.

I can hear the cops and the judges now: Ignernce a da law aino xcuse, boy.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I’m curious why the same question asked of the High cap mag bill wasn’t asked about this bill - namely, “you do realize that you can’t make things illegal without also providing for just compensation, right? That question resulted in the withdrawal of the high cap mag bill. How did this go sideways?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’m curious why the same question asked of the High cap mag bill wasn’t asked about this bill - namely, “you do realize that you can’t make things illegal without also providing for just compensation, right? That question resulted in the withdrawal of the high cap mag bill. How did this go sideways?

Because the Dems in the MGA assumed (correctly, so far) that the hypersonic media spin cycle surrounding the Vegas and Parkland murders would give them cover for ANYTHING that comes within miles of "bump stocks" or anything else that sounds dangerous.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

It was asked. I asked it. In written testimony. This was just a grabber's priority item this last session. Don't worry, they'll be back for the mags, as they think they can grab anything without paying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom