• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Id love to know more about the "legality" as I would rule the dice on a CAI CETME>

Also would that apply to the PTR CETME or are they purely cosmetic changes to their 91 clone?

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    OK... I am confused now.... I know that the CETME is the precusor to the HK91/G3/PTR91, and they do share some components.... alot of components... but from what I understand is that it is legal only because it is not specifically called out on "the" list... right?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    OK... I am confused now.... I know that the CETME is the precusor to the HK91/G3/PTR91, and they do share some components.... alot of components... but from what I understand is that it is legal only because it is not specifically called out on "the" list... right?

Sharing a few components isn't the discriminator, a gun can be mechanically distinct if it has only a few different parts. Take the Polytech M14S which is legal (seem MSP website) even though the M1A is not. Difference from what I have read is mainly geometric in the bolt. That gets you past the copycat test and CETME isn't listed in statute.

That said, I would prefer to see it cleared on MSP's website.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

It's legal because it's not internally parts compatible with the G3. The ruling from MSP on the Chinese M14 copies that jimbob mentioned would support that. They ruled those were okay because they're metric guns therefore the parts don't interchange.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The PTR PDW 308 pistol is legal in MD the rifle is not , Below is a pic of the K3P with 11 inch barrel and wide front hand guard with Pistol Arm Brace.

k3pBlog.gif

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Not sure the CETME is as good a quality firearm as a PTR. The pistol version is worth a look see I think.

An original CETME from CETME itself in Spain are excellent quality firearms. The problem is they were only imported before the passage of the Gun Control Act of '68 and are worth several thousand if not ten's of thousands of dollars for their rarity. Century just ruined their reputation from their build quality which is why I refuse to gamble and buy anything Century-built. Also original CETME's could only take their proprietary mags not interchange with G3 mags.

Their real name is the Model C. CETME is the Spanish government firm that built them.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    :mad54:This f*cking state really pisses me off.Wanting to save for a new toy ,preferably in 308 and once again banned. The ptr 91 is good looking ,a lot of good reviews, banned ********.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    :mad54:This f*cking state really pisses me off.Wanting to save for a new toy ,preferably in 308 and once again banned. The ptr 91 is good looking ,a lot of good reviews, banned ********.

The funny part is like the M1A, have you ever even heard of an Hk91 being used in a crime?

I had a PTR91 with the carbine length 16" barrel, it kicked like a mule. (And I'm a pretty big guy)
    The pistol versions have got to be an impractical nightmare not to mention very heavy.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    The funny part is like the M1A, have you ever even heard of an Hk91 being used in a crime?

I had a PTR91 with the carbine length 16" barrel, it kicked like a mule. (And I'm a pretty big guy)
    The pistol versions have got to be an impractical nightmare not to mention very heavy.

Not in less Holder sends them to some New Mericans.

I was starting to fall in love with the Squad Carbine. I'm a small to medium guy and was figuring a heavy buffer if recoil was a bit to much.

I guess I won't need to worry about that until I move to the USA again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom