• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Squirrels--(or anyone that may know) is that considered an “AR Pistol”? I think it turned out great, but I was under the impression that if I did a build that ended looking like that it wouldn’t be legal in our great state. I was considering doing a SBR AR and then swapping the stock for a buffer tube ( who’s to say it isn’t a stock if it’s touching my shoulder?)

I was under the impression that a "pistol", by definition, was a gun designed to be shot with only one hand/grip. This thing is too front-heavy for that, even in its half-complete state.

It's not a pistol buffer tube...it's a mil-spec collapsible stock tube...I'm just waiting for Magpul to stop dragging ass and ship me the stock. I sure as hell don't plan on firing it until that stock comes in.

Hell, I'll run downstairs and decouple the receivers just to be on the safe side. Not trying to break any laws, that's for sure.

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    I had something like this in mind but I don’t think I can buy/own one in Maryland...unfortunately. That’s why I am thinking of building a SBR AR and using a tube style stock if even possible. ( I’m certainly not trying to break any laws either)

Attachments

• pularp.gif
      pularp.gif
      48.6 KB · Views: 3,796

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Hey VNV, gonna give us some particulars on that there rifle or what? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

Colt lower
    Chip McCormick single stage trigger group
    Rock River Predator Pursuit Upper ,1 in 8 twist, 20" bull
    Magpul PRS stock with Accu-Shot monopod
    Harris bi pod

Scope- Nikon 6.5-20x44 Ill. mildot

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    I had something like this in mind but I don’t think I can buy/own one in Maryland...unfortunately. That’s why I am thinking of building a SBR AR and using a tube style stock if even possible. ( I’m certainly not trying to break any laws either)

Personally, I'd rather stock it anyway. A 7" upper is better balanced than a full-length upper, but it's still front-heavy and not as accurate as a shouldered weapon.

Besides, out of a 7" barrel, .223/5.56 is much more bark than bite. Not that bark can't be fun sometimes. :D

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    My AR build:
    Anvil Arms MDshooters lower
    Magpul PRS stock
    JP Enterprises 31/2# modular fire control system
    Wilson Combat SS15 Upper
    Buffer tech. hydraulic buffer
    ADM Recon 1 mount
    Leupold MKII 6-18 mildot scope
    Hogue grip
    Harris bipod

Thanks a ton to Dan at the gun connection for the help and advice in building this. You da man!

How do you like that buffer ? What Mod. number did You get.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I bought mine from here. They actually had it in stock, every other place I checked was out of stock on the PRS stocks or didn't have the tube kit available for them.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Here's mine.

Top is a Rock River Lower on a Fulton Armory Upper.

Middle is an Aramlite/Eagle Arms gun. It used to be a "post-ban" version. I sent it to Armalite and they did all the work for just the cost of the parts. Well worth the effort to sent it to the factory and a good bunch to deal with.

Bottom is a Sabre Defense Lower waiting for funds for a 20" upper with a detachable carry handle. It's my first build. It's a Sabre Defense reciever with a DPMS parts kit and a Rock River stock.

Attachments

• RR-FultonAR-15.jpg
      RR-FultonAR-15.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 3,717
    • AR-15grenade.jpg
      AR-15grenade.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 3,708
    • Sabre Defense AR-15 Lower.JPG
      Sabre Defense AR-15 Lower.JPG
      87.8 KB · Views: 3,778

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    Here are my two black rifles picked both of them from Manchester in Bishopville. Both are Olympic Arms. Top one is a K3B A3, flatop with m4 handguards, bottom is a plinker plus Wayne got both of them for me from Atlantic Firearms. I love these rifles almost as much as my Sig Sauer pistols.

dsc0044ly3.jpg

Last edited:
    Okay, I'll play... Here is my S&W M&P15, ATASd (all tacti:cool: and stuff) out.

IMG_5806.jpg

Surefire railed handguard
    Surefire M900
    Trijicon Tri-Power
    GGG Cantilever mount
    Eotech 3x Magnifier w/FTS mount
    GGG BUIS
    GGG single point HK style sling mount
    Troy single point sling (not shown, swapped with one in photo)
    Hogue overmolded grip
    VLTOR SOPMOD Stock
    MagPul magazine floor plates

Yes, I know, there is a non-AR in there, but I only have one photo of the AR!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Top one is all Bushmaster lower receiver and parts. Bushy A2 upper with an Olympic blackened stainless HBAR barrel chambered in 5.56 military (people can say what they want about Olympic, all I know is their barrels rock). The aluminum rails have a simple but dependable 45mm red dot cosighted with the irons and an LED flashlight mounted in front of the foregrip.

Bottom is my M4gery build. Again the lower receiver and parts are all Bushy. YHM A3 upper with a DPMS M4 barrel. Waiting for the rest of the parts to come in now. :party29:

Attachments

• bushmaster.JPG
      bushmaster.JPG
      41.6 KB · Views: 3,628
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre