• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Wolf

Aug 24, 2009
    Ridgely
    And one nearing completion for a member

I recognize that thumb ring, lol.

Here's my MAK-90. I just fitted a Tapco stock & pistol grip on it. The handguard is from the Fiberforce set that I had on it for awhile.

dsc0415d.jpg

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    My Vector Classic Wood
    Purchased back in 2005, I think, for less than $550 out the door after transfer fees, shipping, and MSP fee.
    I love the look of the wood, I would like to have an all black and an underfolder, but at today's prices, I'll pass.

w0izq1.jpg

w0jf41.jpg

w0j86v.jpg

w0j62c.jpg

w0j2pd.jpg

Last edited:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Looks like Polish AKM handguards with a Bulgarian '74 buttstock. Interesting combo. Glad it's working out for you. :)

Got all my kits (save for the Bulgy Krink) back in, oh, late 2004 I think. Glad I did.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    :D:lol2: I appreciate the compliments but I have seen some much nicer weapons here. People just need to get in here. Theres already some kick @ss ones posted.

Please continue guys. :)

I wish I had the resources to pretty mine up like that. Let me tell ya, that PSL of yours and Veronica are some of the purtiest guns I've ever seen. Veronica is hawt. :drool:
    What the hell. I'll play.

billymaysfireball.jpg

How'd Tootall get in your pic? :wtf::confused:
    Dude that's a lot of AKs, and pretty damn good lookin ones at that :thumbsup:

Cool! Looking forward to doing a few mag dumps. :D
    Haha I definitely owe you one :D:thumbsup:
    Need to find another log to split. :lol2:

And one nearing completion for a member

You need to practice postings pics:innocent0

I think he did just fine :innocent0 :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    :D:lol2: I appreciate the compliments but I have seen some much nicer weapons here. People just need to get in here. Theres already some kick @ss ones posted.

Please continue guys. :)

I wish I had the resources to pretty mine up like that. Let me tell ya, that PSL of yours and Veronica are some of the purtiest guns I've ever seen. Veronica is hawt.

Thanks my friend. During the Obama Panic buy I was offered $4,000.00 for Veronica. I turned him down and offered to make a copy, he said NO, I want yours. :lol2:

In all honesty most of the work I did can be done at home. I did all of my wood work at home. Theres too much dust at the shop to get a good finish.

Its just patience, and lots of sanding and polyurethane. If you ever want to do one of your own Ill be glad to help.

This thread is from my buddy in Alaska. Im no longer a mamber there but the topic is still live. He used my recipe and did a picture tutorial.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=78&t=116630

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    clandestine should be banned from posting in these threads, Chad's stuff casts a shadow over the whole damn thread

just kidding of course

nice pics guys

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Thanks my friend. During the Obama Panic buy I was offered $4,000.00 for Veronica. I turned him down and offered to make a copy, he said NO, I want yours. :lol2:

In all honesty most of the work I did can be done at home. I did all of my wood work at home. Theres too much dust at the shop to get a good finish.

Its just patience, and lots of sanding and polyurethane. If you ever want to do one of your own Ill be glad to help.

This thread is from my buddy in Alaska. Im no longer a mamber there but the topic is still live. He used my recipe and did a picture tutorial.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=78&t=116630

I wouldn't sell her either haha

Man if I lived closer to Glen Burnie I'd be begging you to teach me all you know haha

Still kills me that that's food dye, can't believe how good it turns out.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I wouldn't sell her either haha

Man if I lived closer to Glen Burnie I'd be begging you to teach me all you know haha

Still kills me that that's food dye, can't believe how good it turns out.

I cant teach you all I know, youll become more powerful and use the force against me. I dont want to die ;)

Seriously I will be glad to teach ou anything you want to know.

My wife is the one who thought up the food color. I used t use RIT Dye, but ran out. She suggested food color.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I cant teach you all I know, youll become more powerful and use the force against me. I dont want to die ;)

Seriously I will be glad to teach ou anything you want to know.

My wife is the one who thought up the food color. I used t use RIT Dye, but ran out. She suggested food color.

Always two there are, a master, and an apprentice.
    250px-Sidious_Vader.jpg

(Star Wars references are always welcome!)

I'd love to learn what I can online from you, the hands-on aspect of it all would be a little more difficult I think.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Dude that's a lot of AKs, and pretty damn good lookin ones at that :thumbsup:

Thanks. I had a few others too; Romanian went to my in-laws in Nebraska right around election time (they were anticipating riots regardless of how the election went--lots of obamanites in their AO), and then my Hungarian. :( God I miss her.

I've got pics on another computer, but not the one I'm currently posting from. SA-85 parts kit on an ak-builder AKM flat. Loaned her to a buddy who was getting familiar and learning the AK's ergos before he got a kit and receiver to build his own. He got really effing stupid one night and combined alcohol with firearms and depression. Passed out with a loaded AK next to him, safety off, and it discharged into his head. Entered above his left eye, exited through the left cheek. Missed his brain entirely--VERY lucky man. He lost his left eye, but gained an entirely new outlook on life.

Took the AK to the range, and it just felt REALLY weird shooting it, so I demilled and sold the kit.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Here is the family portrait, minus one. The "minus one" is pictured on the bottom half of the second photo. Nothing spectacular like some of the AKs in this thread, but they are a happy family nonetheless:

Attachments

• ak_collection.jpg
      ak_collection.jpg
      93.1 KB · Views: 1,188
    • lancasterAKs.jpg
      lancasterAKs.jpg
      125.1 KB · Views: 1,167

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Here is the family portrait, minus one. The "minus one" is pictured on the bottom half of the second photo. Nothing spectacular like some of the AKs in this thread, but they are a happy family nonetheless:

DD214,

Do you do your own wood? The reason I ask is because the bottom AK's finish is smooth as glass, no recessed grain in the finish, very nice :D. Looks like some TLC was used there.

Beautiuful collection! :party29:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    DD214,

Do you do your own wood? The reason I ask is because the bottom AK's finish is smooth as glass, no recessed grain in the finish, very nice :D. Looks like some TLC was used there.

Beautiuful collection! :party29:

I did not do that one. It came from Lancaster Arms like that. It is actually a deep red when you see it in person, but for some reason it looks like purple in that photo.

I did the wood on all three of the Yugos. Two of them I tried to keep as original as possible, and the under-folder I went for the glossy red look. I've got a new handguard for the Yugo under-folder on the way from Ironwood Designs and I'm going to take it back to a more original look.

The only one that I ever shoot is the Romy-G on the top half of the photo above. It's f'ugly and it rattles like nobody's business, but I love that rifle.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I did not do that one. It came from Lancaster Arms like that. It is actually a deep red when you see it in person, but for some reason it looks like purple in that photo.

I did the wood on all three of the Yugos. Two of them I tried to keep as original as possible, and the under-folder I went for the glossy red look. I've got a new handguard for the Yugo under-folder on the way from Ironwood Designs and I'm going to take it back to a more original look.

The only one that I ever shoot is the Romy-G on the top half of the photo above. I love that rifle.

Great collection. Thanks for posting them DD214. Im suprised Lancaster puts that much effort into the wood. Very good work on your end as well. :)

I try to keep my firearms original but I just cant help myself. I must modify, but I try to keep some originality at the same time.

Im a sick man :sad20:

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Great collection. Thanks for posting them DD214. Im suprised Lancaster puts that much effort into the wood. Very good work on your end as well. :)

I try to keep my firearms original but I just cant help myself. I must modify, but I try to keep some originality at the same time.

Im a sick man :sad20:

Are any of your guns named... Clarice? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom