• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    You have to buy one and have your FFL submit it.
    The process can take 4 to 6 months.
    At least it did for me.

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    You have to buy one and have your FFL submit it.
    The process can take 4 to 6 months.
    At least it did for me.
    I thought a MD FFL just had to submit the requested paperwork during the enrollment time frame. Like this one ends 9/22 for this quarter then you have to wait for another 3 months.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I believe a physical gun must be available if they request the firearm.
    Once it is approved you wait for round two... It needs to be published. If I remember correctly, they release the previously approved list before they meet to consider new ones... so 3 months or so.
    Again... this is based off of my one time experience.
    Check with an FFL who has submitted before.

StandUp

Jul 15, 2015
    I thought a MD FFL just had to submit the requested paperwork during the enrollment time frame. Like this one ends 9/22 for this quarter then you have to wait for another 3 months.

I don't believe you need a FFL to submit paperwork. I (Joe Shmoe) submitted paperwork for the "September 16th HRB meeting. If approved by the Board, it should be in the next MD Register issue after the meeting, which is October 9th. After 30 days with no objections, it will be legal for sale and on the handgun roster on November 8th"- Handgun Roster Board Administrator

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    How can we get the PSA Dagger added to the MD handgun roster ASAP?
    They literally just had a quarterly board meeting on September 16th, although new petition submissions were due by August 8th. I submitted a pEtition to have a Dan Wesson Valor 1911 model number added.

In your shoes, if you really want one, time it so that your FFL gets it a couple of weeks before the petition submissions deadline so you don't have to wait so long.

As for the link to the form:

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...ting Minutes/Handgun Roster Petition Form.pdf

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Anybody can submit a petition. If it's something simple, like a minor change to an existing model, they might approve it without seeing a sample. If it's completely new, they'll want a sample. Talk to your local FFL and see if he minds helping out. Worst case you buy one yourself, and it sits on his shelf until it gets approved.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Anybody can submit a petition. If it's something simple, like a minor change to an existing model, they might approve it without seeing a sample. If it's completely new, they'll want a sample. Talk to your local FFL and see if he minds helping out. Worst case you buy one yourself, and it sits on his shelf until it gets approved.
    My 2020 Dan Wesson Valor 1911 has been sitting on the shelf at my FFL since early July. That’s right - I had to petition to have a 1911 approved because Maryland.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Hopeful it hits the roster in time for the Optic ready model with the threaded barrel to be available for sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    "A compact-sized polymer framed pistol, the Palmetto Dagger introduces game changing ergonomics and controllability."

Looks like a G19 to me. What game does it change? Maybe price?

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I really don’t understand the appeal of this gun just build a 80%. They have arguably the worst customer service in the industry right now and avoids a lot of Maryland customers in the first place ie cancels orders on perfectly legal items after holding money for period before telling you to go kick rocks

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I handled this gun back at SHOT. It's a G19 clone. Seemed decent when I messed with it. Wish they would have cut it for an RMR or DPP out of the box, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom