Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hi, I am very new on the gun scene.
    I was wondering what your thoughts are on a LWRC
    IC SPR ?
    Reliability, Accuracy, price point .
    Thank you in advance .
    I'm a bigger fan of their DI guns, but all their guns are of good quality.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Can't go wrong with anything by LWRC, and local to boot.

Echoing Outrider, i'd opt for one of their DI guns over this. Especially given your statement about being new to the gun scene. The DI is a simpler but very proven design. Not saying you would have any issues with this, but unless you have a really good reason to go with this over the DI, just stick with the DI. All else being equal, DI (direct impingement) systems will have greater inherent accuracy over piston driven systems due to better barrel harmonics. By how much? I couldn't say.

Here's an article that compares the two.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/lwrci-di-ic-spr-review/

The DI will also be priced well below the IC.

LWRC's are not known as a bargain, but you get what you pay for and LWRC is no exception.

Reliability - won't be an issue with either
    Accuracy - I would expect great accuracy, but the reviewer above didn't achieve stellar results (take it for what it's worth...not much)
    Price point - both in the upper range of AR offerings, but easily justified by the fit, finish, and overall quality of LWRC.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    My buddy has one. Prices are high right now, but everything is high for now. Good company. Based out of MD. I'd go for it.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have a regular LWRCI M6 DI rifle, its very nicely made. Fit and finish is better than average, it is very well made. I'm not too familiar with the IC platform, but I have great confidence in their products. Just curious what drove you towards the IC platform if price is a consideration. The LWRCI M6 DI series is a good amount less expensive than the IC SPR and is a smooth gun. Nice quality components and a slick looking package.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Get it.

Keep in mind that in the current market "price point" is sort of irrelevant. You pay what you pay, its a sellers market. You choices are to pay what they ask, if its in stock. Or go home empty. There just are not a lot of rifles in stock. You have to resign yourself to the fact that if you buy now you are overpaying compared to 9 months ago. In 6 months the market may have settled down, or maybe Biden is elected and you go in at a good price.

However, if you are going to overpay, this the rifle to over pay for. Its a very reliable gun and accurate enough that it will out-shoot you for years.

I have see these in stock recently for $1700. That is not a big premium to what they were going for in 2014/2015 (maybe $1500). But the low point was $1200 last year, and I highly doubt we will see those prices for a while.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Thank you for all your detailed answer.
    My dealer has one , brand new, that one of his customers gave him on consignment.
    Really appreciate your help.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Thank you for all your detailed answer.
    My dealer has one , brand new, that one of his customers gave him on consignment.
    Really appreciate your help.
    If it's a fair price in your mind, grab it quick. If you don't someone else will. I think LWRCI makes a better than average product.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    FWIW, I absolutely love my LWRC DI. Beautiful firearm. I really like the fluted barrel. As others have said, the fact that they are on the Eastern Shore is a bonus.
    The concern is more with the ammo to feed it, than the price of the AR. I am so glad that I purchased a boatload of ammo a few years ago. I figured I am on some government watchlist for ordering so much, but I am okay with that.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Thanks again, I ended up taking the plunge for it.
    Thank you who took the time to answer .

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    FWIW, I absolutely love my LWRC DI. Beautiful firearm. I really like the fluted barrel. As others have said, the fact that they are on the Eastern Shore is a bonus.
    The concern is more with the ammo to feed it, than the price of the AR. I am so glad that I purchased a boatload of ammo a few years ago. I figured I am on some government watchlist for ordering so much, but I am okay with that.

****Yea the LWRC-DI is really nice for the price, and it looks very sharp. It's my go to AR when I want to just go and plink at the range with the relatively simple optics I put on it (Aimpoint PRO, and a magnifier for longer than 100 yards). It's amazing to me they are in Cambridge, MD. This is not the friendliest state for business in general, but for a gun business I imagine they get hassled a bit as Beretta was.

I have other "higher end" AR's by LaRue and BCM that cost considerably more, but seem functionally the same for what I use them for. Perhaps the other brands stand out with more torture testing, and higher precision carriers or better internals but the LWRC seems just as accurate to me and it's given me no problems.

I'm really happy with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom