• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Hey since MD just opened up straight wall , figured you guys might know what 350 legend upper to buy. Don’t mind spending a little more for accuracy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    I am planning to wait a year or two to see what becomes available in terms of the AR and bolt actions for the 350 Legend before making the jump. My brother just bought an 18" Shaw upper. Haven't shot it yet, but it looks pretty sweet.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    A coworker has a few of the AR-stoner uppers in different lengths. Nothing wrong with them, they were a good value before and if you caught one on sale they were even better. The price of everything has exploded in the last several months I know, still not sure I'd spend $500 on one though. The 5.56 uppers were maybe 300-350$ ? at 'regular' price before this latest round of stupid took effect.

The 350 is here to stay, the specs are impressive, Winchester has put the ammo out there at a price point that is hard to ignore and the mfg's are putting out some guns that are really getting my attention.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I bought this for deer season this year as soon as I heard you could use straight wall cartridges. Ruger American 350 Legend.

Attachments

• 0D2B06AC-ED04-472B-9EB4-22D00FC7BA9E.jpg
      0D2B06AC-ED04-472B-9EB4-22D00FC7BA9E.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 721

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I recently saw an episode on Outdoor channel about the 350 Stoner AR upper from Mindway.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone use the RRA? I’m thinking of ordering one but the terms and conditions are scaring the shit out of me lol

I bought an AR Stoner 350 legend upper from Midwayusa. Its shoots accurately but the feeding reliability is sketchy. Ive tried
    CMMG, AR Stoner and C-products mags . Ive modified them trying to make it work and it's a lot better than it was. I can now shoot four or five rounds before it jams instead of one or two. I ordered a Ruger American Ranch rifle bolt action in the same caliber just so I have something that I consider reliable enough to hunt with.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I bought an AR Stoner 350 legend upper from Midwayusa. Its shoots accurately but the feeding reliability is sketchy. Ive tried
    CMMG, AR Stoner and C-products mags . Ive modified them trying to make it work and it's a lot better than it was. I can now shoot four or five rounds before it jams instead of one or two. I ordered a Ruger American Ranch rifle bolt action in the same caliber just so I have something that I consider reliable enough to hunt with.

Okay that’s good info thank you!!

I was a RCH away from ordering a Rock River the other day but the terms and conditions scared me off

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Also for those looking for ammo Joebobs is showing 350 legend in stock.

Wished i had gone there first

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    In researching, I had joined a 350 Legend facebook page. Its loaded with jam issues on various AR uppers.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    In researching, I had joined a 350 Legend facebook page. Its loaded with jam issues on various AR uppers.

Every single upper with user reviews seems to have people saying they're suffering from feed issues.

But also, tons of user reviews that mention no issues. It's like every brand is inconsistent on their feed ramp QC or it's really just a finicky cartridge. I'm learning to buy from the brand most likely to take an upper back and fix it. That, along with making sure I test thoroughly long before the season.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I saw that too. It appears most are mag issues. I got CMMG on the way and the reviews are 99% positive.

If stuff needs to be polished or anti tilt followers need to be purchased I’d like to figure all this out now before next season.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I believe part of the issue with mags is that if you’re trying to use Pmags for the 5.56 there is a built up area or ridge inside the mag on both sides that need to be relieved. Works fine for a couple rounds then start having feeding issues. 350 specific mags do not have that ridge. Early on I think there were some issues with Winchester ammo not head spacing properly, but that was a year or more ago. They should have resolved that by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom