• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Kalashnikov's answer to NATO

It appears to use the standard AR15 mags but I haven't found that information.

“The 5,56х45 mm round is the most popular in the world, it gives us access to hundreds of markets already using NATO rifles. Now, we can submit a tender for our weapon, which is more reliable than the rival guns offered by others, while also matching them in ergonomics,” the spokesman said.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...emFBgWTQkm6nBZRW7kb72nXzox6Bhj9u7PunavaF3ANYw

Attachments

• AK-19.jpg
      AK-19.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 564

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    It look like a Beryl Archer...Polish ak type made at the Radom factory. Still want the Archer!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So AK's classic forward heavy balance, crappy selector, rock/lock mag catch, and a foot of exposed barrel/gas system ahead of the handguard. They got away from the balanced recoil system, and went back to a simpler piston design, so essentially an AK74 in 5.56, and some new furniture. Don't get me wrong, I like AK's same as M1As, Garands and many other obsolete designs, fun to shoot, still capable of defense, but light years behind modern AR options.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The mag looks like a hybrid, there is no standard magazine release button. It only has the paddle release.

Mid-County made a 5.56 Krinkov SBR that accepted AR magazines. Notice the magazine release button?

attachment.php

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My apologies I had no idea they were domestic, I thought they were part of Kalashnikov Group (formerly IZMASH)

Been out of the AK game for awhile!
    They are making some interesting offerings. Not sure I am going to buy any of them, but tempting. If they make a Vintorez clone, I'm in....

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Question about magazine retention. I looked at an AR-15 magazine a picture of an AR-15 magazine on teh intarwebs ('cuz I don't own any.) The STANAG mag appears to lack the forward catch found on a typical AK magazine that engages the front trunnion (also from a picture on the web.) Doesn't seem like there's a lot of retention in the AK-19 configuration.

The AR magwell is pretty deep, providing a four-side tube constraint. The mag catch on the side needs only to constrain vertical movement. All other forces on the mag are transferred into the magwell on the lower.

The AK-19 appears to lack that retention depth, gripping the sides of the mag ever so gingerly by the two oval dimples in the sides of the lower. Without the AK's forward catch arrangement, it would seem the STANAG mag would be susceptible to rotation around the mag catch location. (grab the bottom of the mag and shove fore to aft, pivoting on the catch slot.)

The mechanical engineer in me is wondering if I'm missing something.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    This might be here in a decade, if the communists don’t assume complete control of the system. The AK-12 is still almost non existent here unless you have great connections in Russia. Even then it’s a crap shoot getting it thru customs. As for being produced domestically by K-USA, what’s up with the 103? Considering that beat up Romanian kits command a serious premium these days, I shutter to think what a modern Russian made rifle would cost being that the “Spetsnaz” label would be attached.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Question about magazine retention. I looked at an AR-15 magazine a picture of an AR-15 magazine on teh intarwebs ('cuz I don't own any.) The STANAG mag appears to lack the forward catch found on a typical AK magazine that engages the front trunnion (also from a picture on the web.) Doesn't seem like there's a lot of retention in the AK-19 configuration.

The AR magwell is pretty deep, providing a four-side tube constraint. The mag catch on the side needs only to constrain vertical movement. All other forces on the mag are transferred into the magwell on the lower.

The AK-19 appears to lack that retention depth, gripping the sides of the mag ever so gingerly by the two oval dimples in the sides of the lower. Without the AK's forward catch arrangement, it would seem the STANAG mag would be susceptible to rotation around the mag catch location. (grab the bottom of the mag and shove fore to aft, pivoting on the catch slot.)

The mechanical engineer in me is wondering if I'm missing something.

Those are not STANAG mags. They are polymer AK-style mags with front and rear locking lugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom