• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd like some input here...I'm considering selling one of my three AK-74s. But which one? I have:

1. Arsenal SGL31-68. New in box. I looked at prices on GunBroker and they are sky-high.
    2. Krebs Saiga conversion. I haven't shot this, either.
    3. A generic AK professionally built from a Bulgarian parts kit on a Nodak Spud receiver. This is one that Engage Armament built. Not as pretty as the first two, but functional.

So, do I sell one of the high-end AKs, or the cheap one? I'm not desperate for the money, but could use it to buy something else...and this is a really good time to sell high.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I'm in the same boat, a real pretty SLR 105A1 or an ugly Romak 2? Only need one......

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I'd like some input here...I'm considering selling one of my three AK-74s. But which one? I have:

1. Arsenal SGL31-68. New in box. I looked at prices on GunBroker and they are sky-high.
    2. Krebs Saiga conversion. I haven't shot this, either.
    3. A generic AK professionally built from a Bulgarian parts kit on a Nodak Spud receiver. This is one that Engage Armament built. Not as pretty as the first two, but functional.

So, do I sell one of the high-end AKs, or the cheap one? I'm not desperate for the money, but could use it to buy something else...and this is a really good time to sell high.

Would you be willing to do any trades for the generic Ak74?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    No comment on which one, but you should sell them now before all the new PSA 74's hit the market.
    They launched today at 4 pm. Sold out in 2 minutes so I think OP will probably be able to capitalize on frustration and get very good prices for whatever he wants to sell.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I’m a Krebs fan boy, I’d hang onto that one for sure. I’d probably sell the generic AK as it is easier to replace if you ever change your mind.

May 13, 2005
    Sell whichever one performs the worst. Realizing you have not shot 2 out of the three, my guess that would be the Krebbs. However, that's not saying it's not a great gun, but from having personal experience with very similar platforms on all three, I would put the other two above it.

That's my take form a performance perspective only. I really am not taking into account investment, sentimental value or anything else besides what you, or others you may want on your side in the coming times, will want in your hands.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Well, OP, would you be interested in an SLR-106? :D

I've been trying to get a 5.45 AK and it's next to impossible. I've only been offered an under folder and um... well, a 74 under folder is just a sin to me.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I wish you luck.

And the race is on, three bids already.

Watching this closely

Last edited:

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    74’s are md legal?

Some are, some aren't. SLR-105? 5.45x39, legal. Molot Vepr AK-74? 5.45x39, banned. They're practically identical but Maryland is Maryland.

AK-74 receivers are legal too.

Some other models that are gtg:

SLR-106 (5.56)
    SLR-104 (5.45)
    Century M74 (POS)
    A couple others. Some Atlantic builds that are hard to find, like the AIMS-74.

Most FFL's I've talked to refuse to transfer anything that isn't specifically mentioned on the MSP website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom