• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Where do they sell the 10 round mags for VZ2008?

If you do a google search there is one place. Might be Euro. It’s a 30 round, they cut, machine the bottom to fit the baseplate back on and shorten the spring.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    How do these VZ58 rifles compare to the Ak47 in terms of reliability and function?

I have no experience with an AK, but after I picked my VZ up I went down the research rabbit hole.

The VZ's all have forged receivers, (I know modern AK's do also so this point is moot) they have an simple bolt carrier group, and everything is open so I would theorize they are probably more reliable because there is less chance of stuff getting into the gun. I think this all probably doesn't matter unless someone had the intention of abusing the gun on purpose, or was headed off to war with it.

I also read the design cycles faster then an AK47 by a few mili seconds. I don't think that really matters, but also points to some minor improvements.

You thinking about getting one?

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/

I have heard these are awesome guns VS. the Century ones. I believe Atlantic deals with them.

Stock furniture was terrible. The pistol grip is made for TINY hands, keep that in mind as if you buy an off the shelf one with Czech furniture on it I would save up for a pistol grip from someone.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    How do these VZ58 rifles compare to the Ak47 in terms of reliability and function?

These VZ2008s from Classic? The VZ2008s don't have a chrome lined, hammer forged barrel. I like my VZ2008 a lot, but would not choose it over my Vepr for strolling thru the zombie apocalypse. It is a fine range shooter, and pretty accurate, and a light rifle, but I think the chrome lined barrels would have better longevity. I would choose the VZ2008 over the Century made AKs though, from what I have read. Also from what I have read, the VZ2008s are a US manufactured, milled receiver, a Green Mountain barrel, and milsurp parts kits. I have had no reliability issues, although I did have the carrier tabbed early on. The triggers are a bit stiff at first. I do love the lightweight VZ mags. The 2008s are fun, but not in the same league as a good AK or AR IMHO, but would do fine if needed.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    These VZ2008s from Classic? The VZ2008s don't have a chrome lined, hammer forged barrel. I like my VZ2008 a lot, but would not choose it over my Vepr for strolling thru the zombie apocalypse. It is a fine range shooter, and pretty accurate, and a light rifle, but I think the chrome lined barrels would have better longevity. I would choose the VZ2008 over the Century made AKs though, from what I have read. Also from what I have read, the VZ2008s are a US manufactured, milled receiver, a Green Mountain barrel, and milsurp parts kits. I have had no reliability issues, although I did have the carrier tabbed early on. The triggers are a bit stiff at first. I do love the lightweight VZ mags. The 2008s are fun, but not in the same league as a good AK or AR IMHO, but would do fine if needed.

I agree. This gun at $800 is a hard pill to swallow. I think if the platform had the support of an AR or AK these guns would end up being better then AK's, I don't know how they stack up against an AR all moded out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom