• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Who do you all usually buy from for the best price per round? I've been looking around and so far the cheaper sites seem a little sketchy.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Actually most good deals will get posted here on MDS and quite a few are from Palmetto . As for sites being sketchy most will ask here about a particular company. Good Luck and if you find an extremely good deal post it. Sale season is almost upon us.

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    Sgammo, targetsportsusa, ammunition depot. Target sports usa gives free shipping on 1000 rounds but usually it isn't much different than sg cost after shipping is added. If you want something particular, you can use ammoseek to see what site has the lowest price.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    gun.deals

https://gun.deals/category/ammo

Set up an account at gun.deals and then click under your name to set up some alerts. I have mine set up to email me anytime the following ammo is posted.

9 mm < 15 cpr
    .223 < 25 cpr
    12 ga < 20 cpr

There are a few sites out there like this, but I have found gun.deals to be the most reliable. You can also search or set up alerts for anything firearm related. I never buy ANYTHING, without going to this site first.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    As mentioned, Ammoseek.com is a good place to start. It won’t show you availability from every possible source, but it will show you available market pricing and trends so you can make better informed buying decisions.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    One word of caution here, all ammo is NOT the same...

Be sure to consider the bullet weight, the bullet speed & the type of propellent...

Also is the bullet lead with a full metal jacket or the the bullet steel with a bi metal jacket..?

Steel Bullets are NOT allowed in Indoor Ranges...

Is the propellant one of those foreign corrosive types which an eat up your chamber..?

Is the bullet casing made from Brass or Steel.?

Different ammo takes a different amount of time & effort to clean up your rifle or hand gun...

Your aim point could be very different if the bullet weight & speed of the projectile are different...

Finally all ammo manufactures have different manufacturing standards & quality standards...

Choose wisely...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    At this point Sam and his wife over at sgammo have my loyalty and the vast majority of my business. Prices are fair, shipping is reasonable, they stand by their products, and they work hard with importers to get new stuff shipped over. He's the driving force behind the return of a lot of commie ammo, and he really worked hard getting the importers to push for bullets that won't fail the magnet test. He finally got them to budge on 7.62x39, .308, and .223. Last I checked he's still working them over on 5.45.

I still use target sports USA if I need something Sam is out of. Bonefrog Gun Club is where I've been getting specialty ammo of late. HST and 5.56 TBBC, etc. Occasionally The Armory out of VA Beach will have a good price on something interesting. I will use Palmetto State if they have a crazy sale but they are not real high on my list of favorite stores after a couple issues I've had with them.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I've gotten some good deals from BoneFrog as well. My last purchase was Federal HSTs and they restricted sales to LE only. I had to go elsewhere.

I've seen that same policy at different dealers regarding Speer Gold Dots.

I presume that the policies originate with the manufacturers for the MUCH cheaper 50 round boxes.

I'm not a fan of the 20 round boxes for $20 when the same ammo in 50 round packaging is $25 per box.

I have been pleased with all of my SGAmmo transactions.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Damn you guys are quick! Lots of good sources offered here it is much appreciated. After taking a look at your suggestions and looking at different options it seems like sgammo and targetsports are pretty neck and neck. Sgammo offers lower prices but charges shipping where target has slightly higher prices but does not charge shipping. I will keep both of these saved for sure. I'm glad I have you all because I considered purchasing from lucky gunner and man are they a rip off. Saved myself over 120 dollars with your suggestions.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    One word of caution here, all ammo is NOT the same...

Be sure to consider the bullet weight, the bullet speed & the type of propellent...

Also is the bullet lead with a full metal jacket or the the bullet steel with a bi metal jacket..?

Steel Bullets are NOT allowed in Indoor Ranges...

Is the propellant one of those foreign corrosive types which an eat up your chamber..?

Is the bullet casing made from Brass or Steel.?

Different ammo takes a different amount of time & effort to clean up your rifle or hand gun...

Your aim point could be very different if the bullet weight & speed of the projectile are different...

Finally all ammo manufactures have different manufacturing standards & quality standards...

Choose wisely...

Thank you for the detailed explanation it is much appreciated. I have surely taken these factors into account when making my purchasing decisions

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    https://gun.deals/category/ammo

Set up an account at gun.deals and then click under your name to set up some alerts. I have mine set up to email me anytime the following ammo is posted.

9 mm < 15 cpr
    .223 < 25 cpr
    12 ga < 20 cpr

There are a few sites out there like this, but I have found gun.deals to be the most reliable. You can also search or set up alerts for anything firearm related. I never buy ANYTHING, without going to this site first.

Reminds me of when I'm hunting rare electronics or computer parts I use a site called nowinstock. Great suggestion thank you. (Forgot to multi quote sorry I'm a noob)

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Damn you guys are quick! Lots of good sources offered here it is much appreciated. After taking a look at your suggestions and looking at different options it seems like sgammo and targetsports are pretty neck and neck. Sgammo offers lower prices but charges shipping where target has slightly higher prices but does not charge shipping. I will keep both of these saved for sure. I'm glad I have you all because I considered purchasing from lucky gunner and man are they a rip off. Saved myself over 120 dollars with your suggestions.
    I have personally had good luck with Target Sports USA and SGAmmo, but please be advised that with Target sports you can find a lot of complaints on the internet that the delay between purchase or shipping can be days or even a week. I've never experienced that but I have read a good number of complaints about it. SGAmmo has always been super reliable about shipping promptly, and their customer service is fantastic. If you get a bad batch of ammo or have any issues they will refund and take it back no questions asked. And when you email them, the owner is the one who responds.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I've gotten some good deals from BoneFrog as well. My last purchase was Federal HSTs and they restricted sales to LE only. I had to go elsewhere.

I've seen that same policy at different dealers regarding Speer Gold Dots.

I presume that the policies originate with the manufacturers for the MUCH cheaper 50 round boxes.

I'm not a fan of the 20 round boxes for $20 when the same ammo in 50 round packaging is $25 per box.

I have been pleased with all of my SGAmmo transactions.
    Have you tried ordering from Bone Frog anyway? I know what the site says but last time I checked they didn't actually verify any sort of "qualified" status.

sinensis

Sep 4, 2018
    Columbia, MD
    I use TargetSportsUSA, but I've had a case of ammo take a week before shipping, and another couple cases ship same day. So I anticipate when I'll need it, giving me a week and order it with the expectation of having it a week later.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I use TargetSportsUSA, but I've had a case of ammo take a week before shipping, and another couple cases ship same day. So I anticipate when I'll need it, giving me a week and order it with the expectation of having it a week later.
    I think that is pretty typical and not really a big deal for bulk ordering, but some people just don't do planning or patience well.

If you do find it on The Armory ( the-armory.com ), they are in VA Beach and I have had ammo show up a day later from them.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Don't forget ammojon, a member here. His prices are pretty good and include taxes. You just need to meet him in the Baltimore county area to pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom